PDA

View Full Version : Liteon DVD-R Drive having detection issues in Windows x64 why?

Digital_Trans
01-28-07, 12:49 AM
I'm having an issue with my Lite-On DVD-R Drive Model: SHM-165H6S
It won't work just take a look. This happened in Windows XP 32-Bit and now Windows XP x64. The odd thing is that it was working fine the other day and now it's not. Any suggestions?

jAkUp
01-28-07, 01:21 PM
If you right click and click properties, what is the status?

Dazz
01-28-07, 04:02 PM
Reseat the cables for the DVD-R, power and interface.

Digital_Trans
01-28-07, 10:51 PM
If you right click and click properties, what is the status?

It's says the following.....

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device. Updated picture attachment included.

Digital_Trans
01-28-07, 10:54 PM
Reseat the cables for the DVD-R, power and interface.

Okay, I'll do that next unless there's anything else you might know that could be the problem.

nekrosoft13
01-28-07, 11:16 PM
did you recently flashed the drive?

Digital_Trans
01-29-07, 12:30 AM
did you recently flashed the drive?

Yes, but I did that a few months ago and everything checked out fine and worked up till now.

nekrosoft13
01-29-07, 01:53 PM
only things you can try are:

1) flash to the latest, if still happens, try to flash to older firmware

2) quite a few optical drivers have issues with nforce drivers

3) check cables

4) if those don't help, go shooping for new drive

Digital_Trans
01-30-07, 12:20 AM
only things you can try are:

1) flash to the latest, if still happens, try to flash to older firmware

2) quite a few optical drivers have issues with nforce drivers

3) check cables

4) if those don't help, go shooping for new drive

Okay, thanks! After all you are cool! ;)

Digital_Trans
01-30-07, 10:10 PM
Lite-On set me up with an RMA. I'm still under the 1 Year Warranty!

Digital_Trans
01-31-07, 07:04 PM
Okay, I changed out the Lite-on DVD-RW Drive and got the same problem of a non-detected drive with a brand new LG GSA-H10L What's next?

OWA
01-31-07, 08:20 PM
Did you try a different cable or possibly connecting it to the primary IDE port just as a check (if it's IDE, that is). Or, if it's on the primary port, try the secondary one.

Digital_Trans
01-31-07, 09:09 PM
Yes, there's only one primary IDE on this Asus motherboard. I have the jumper on cable select.

nekrosoft13
01-31-07, 10:05 PM
run this

http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/Driver_CleanTool_and_RegistryChecker.html

Digital_Trans
01-31-07, 10:52 PM
run this

http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/Driver_CleanTool_and_RegistryChecker.html

Oh, my god you fixed the problem! I freak'in love you man! Let me know if I can ever do anything in return. Thank you so much! (nana2) Next, week I'm going to install Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition x64. I'm currently using Windows XP x64 Professional. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Your #1

-------------Bump!!!!!!! :afro2:

nekrosoft13
01-31-07, 11:10 PM
freak'in love you man! :

sorry i don't swing that way

but you are welcomed

Digital_Trans
01-31-07, 11:39 PM
sorry i don't swing that way

but you are welcomed

HA! HA! I mean that in a non-homosexual way! HA! HA! (nana2) Hey man, your the only one that figured out my problem and I thank you for it! Thank you for going out of your way for a stranger when you didn't have to do anything.

Digital_Trans
02-01-07, 01:11 AM
Update: Once I ran that Nero tool it fixed it after I rebooted. However the problem came back after I rebooted again. So this only fixes it after you run the Nero tool and reboot. Any robooting later will result with the same problem again. So now we know it's a Windows XP x64 registry issue.
I will have to reformat in most cases so I'll wait for Windows Vista Ultimate x64 edition to arrive before I reformat. Unless you can think of anything else that would be better so I can have full access to the drive.

nekrosoft13
02-01-07, 06:24 AM
you need to find out what is causing it, before you install vista, because if you do everything excactly the same on vista, you will be having the same problem

simply said this happens when you install burning programs, emulation programs, simply said programs that add lower filters to your optical drivers.

when you install few of these programs, and two of them or more are not compatible, thats when this problem starts.

Digital_Trans
02-01-07, 08:40 AM
Exactly! I found the problem it was Ultra ISO Professional Edition. I uninstalled it and everyting is perfect again so far. Thanks you! :)

nekrosoft13
02-01-07, 08:58 AM
allot of people had this problem in the early days of XP with easy CD creator