PDA

View Full Version : Many DVD movies WILL NOT display any video (sound works) with Dets 43.00 (Win9X/ME)

NickSpolec
03-10-03, 11:23 PM
Damn, was just starting to like these drivers, a little faster then the "dated" 30.87.

Some DVD's will display video (Venus Wars, Knock Around Boys), others won't (The Ring, Possession, Weight of Water). Yet, even when there is no picture, there is sound.

With the 30.87 drivers, ALL DVD's display video.

NickSpolec
03-10-03, 11:40 PM
Update:

With either DX8.1 or DX9 installed it's the same result.

By the way, my video card is a GeForce3.

AngelGraves13
03-11-03, 03:11 AM
sorry man......my NVDVD 2.0 runs everything, everytime without any problems. sorry to hear things don't work for everyone.

digitalwanderer
03-11-03, 09:10 AM
I'm running the 43.00 set with all the RivaTuner rc12 patches applied, (ya just gotta unpack all the damned .dl_ to .dll before you apply the patch, then re-pack 'em back in their original form. A pain, but I got BICHTING 4xAF peformance going! :D ), and haven't had any problems with any DVDs, MPGs, or AVIs with 'em using winDVD 3 & 4 and powerDVD 4.

Could you list some more movies you've experienced this with? I don't have any of the ones you've listed. (BTW-I'm running on a GF3 too on 98se. :) )

dxtr
03-11-03, 11:33 AM
I was experiencing the same thing.

I have a Creative Geforce3 Ti 200 and since using detonator 4x.xx i had black video in every software dvd player i tried, but only with macrovision protected discs. After a bios update from Creative now i have video output with Windvd. The cause was the tv-out chip that wasn't properly supported by detonator 4x.xx and kicked in the damned Macrovision even if i was watching movies on my monitor and not on tv. Nvdvd doesn't work though... still complaining about lack of macrovision support.

Hope this helps

dxtr

NickSpolec
03-11-03, 08:09 PM
While testing, I have installed several DVD players.

And PowerDVD did give me a error about my TV-Out Chip not supporting Copy Protected DVD, and I can't watch them with TV-Out enabled, but I didn't have TV out enabled.

I guess maybe I have to look for an updated bios then, and I had a feeling it was a problem with copy protection.

NickSpolec
03-12-03, 11:43 PM
Damn.

Have tried several different bioses I had on hand, and the Creative, and no go.

No protected DVD's will display video with the 43.00 (any probably none of the 4x.xx drivers) drivers.

Wonder if this will ever be addressed (obviously, it's a problem with some GF3 cards and TV chip combinations).

Mechanic
03-15-03, 12:48 AM
Multiboot Win98, Win2k and WinXP with GF3 on a P3-1gig box. Was running 41.09 WHQL's in all 3 OS' but lost ability to play DVD's in Win2k and WinXP. The only thing that would fix it was going back to 40.72's. Win98 still works fine with the 41.09's. I even tried going to the 43.00's in Win2k(directx9) but didn't help.

R.Carter
03-20-03, 07:58 AM
Well, according to this INQUIRER article (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8425).

Drivers from Nvidia starting with 41.09 will include stringent checks to comply with Macrovision. So if your video card has a TV encoder that doesn't comply then you'll have problems with DVD playback.

Mechanic
03-20-03, 06:37 PM
So, were're stuck with 40.72's until someone cracks it? I'm due for an upgrade but I don't like being forced to do it. Thanks Nvidia and M$... you just made my decision to go to ATI alot easier!

Mechanic
04-14-03, 07:30 PM
Update:
Here's a direct quote from Nvidia on why it detects TV out even when there is no cable connected...

The reason why the drivers are reporting this even though you are not using the TV output is because the drivers offer the ability to switch to TV output on the fly so it needs to verify the TV port.

By the sound of the response I don't get the feeling they will be fixing this problem. Wonder what a 9500 Pro is going for on Pricewatch.com?

Mechanic
05-04-03, 09:50 PM
Ok, new update...

Scrounged up an old copy of DVDIdle 1.20 and installed it in Win2k, grabbed the newest 43.51's and installed them. Pop in a Macrovision protected DVD and presto! We have movies again!!! Damn trick little program I must say... lets you skip the intro, bypass the FBI crap and starts the movie... no hassles at all. I've seen this posted a couple of times and thought I'd try it... unless Nvidia decided to fix their drivers, then this was all for nothing:p

Nephilim_be
06-19-05, 11:47 AM
This is what happend to me:

I was watching a dvd on my computer, put it in pauze, and when i got back, i got the "tv-out" error... I did not change anything, and it worked 15 min ago..

Pretty weird that it changes from one moment to another with no changes made..

greetz,

Nephilim_be

OWA
06-19-05, 11:49 AM
Heh, you do know the thread is over 2 years old right?

Stolly
06-19-05, 12:35 PM
He had a little trouble working out how the registration works :P

Ainshi
06-19-05, 02:43 PM
I was reading this and wondering why people were still bothering with the det 40 series and win98/ME!

Nephilim_be
06-25-05, 11:55 AM
Whats wrong with reopening a post with a problem in it that still exists...?

$n][pErMan
06-25-05, 12:47 PM
Woah .. I started reading this thread and was thinking "WTF?" lol

CaptNKILL
06-25-05, 01:14 PM
Whats wrong with reopening a post with a problem in it that still exists...?
Because the drivers they were using are ancient and are totaly different than modern ones. That and it confuses people because of extremely dated posts that have information in them that no longer applies.

Its better to just make a new thread if something is THAT old. No harm done though...

I have to say, it was strange seeing Digitalwanderer on here... I almost shat myself thinking he came back :D

SLippe
06-26-05, 02:41 AM
LOL Yeah, I was like, "Who the hell is using 43.xx drivers still?"