PDA

View Full Version : Medieval 2 rocks my face

MustangSVT
01-31-07, 02:21 AM
So like yea.. Medieval 2.. I thought I'd try out and the demo finally and I loved it, went and got the game. This game owns so much. I can't believe I've been missing out on it. I've played Rome Total War before but only for a short period of time. Right now, I'm playing as France in Medieval 2 in grand campaign. I've taken over Milan and I am at war to "Holy Roman Empire" aka Germany, and they kinda annoy me so I will launch a full scale attack on them.

I tried playing with the germans first time, but it was so freaking hard, milans and venice and sicillians coming from everywhere so I gave up on that one and started with France which appears to be easier.

Anyway, I thought this game owns so much it was deserving a new thread. :afro:

SebC
01-31-07, 03:24 PM
57 page views and no replies?

I love this game. It starts off a little slow because of poor units in the starting years, but the game gets more and more interesting with many game changing events that make this the most varied TW yet. Not to mention the fantastic visuals. The downside though is that battle AI is pretty poor. A lot of the time the enemy stands there not knowing what to do, even with the patch that supposedly fixed this.

J-Mag
01-31-07, 03:26 PM
I remember playing the battle of ashincourt (sp?) a couple times and the billmen just get annihilated due to a bug, did they ever fix that?

Also are their any good places to download historic battles?

MustangSVT
01-31-07, 08:41 PM
Hmm not sure about that. At the moment playing with France, it's gotten harder. Freaking germans keep attacking me and the pope called a crusade on Toulouse (a french city.. :mad: ). The germans are really annoying, and if I harass them more, then venice and papal states get mad at me, but the germans are harassin me constantly. Oh and now freaking Genghis Khan had to come and gonna ruin the party. :tiki: :tiki:

agentkay
02-01-07, 04:42 AM
Can you post a few screenshots?

SebC
02-01-07, 11:24 AM
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9260/m2twjan28059sv8.th.jpg (http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m2twjan28059sv8.jpg)

Subtestube
02-01-07, 01:08 PM
As an aside - this game is great. I've had to stop myself playing it at the moment, because I was spending so much time with it, but my last campaign as Spain was marvellous. Wish I'd not had a lull in my expansion in the 1300s, or I could've won well before the end, but as it was I got my 45 territories about 10 turns from the endgame.

SebC
02-01-07, 05:29 PM
Good for you. I only have 35 turns left to gain 35 regions...

Nv40
02-01-07, 05:34 PM
More screenshots posted here...

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80410&highlight=medieval

You can get mods that enables all factions ,and better AI ,also where you can play as any faction you want. HAve seen screenshots of people playing with the Incas faction where they got to invade europe.. :p Also you can play as the PApal states or mongols. pretty cool .

Many mods can be found in twcenter site..

http://www.twcenter.net/

Subtestube
02-01-07, 06:37 PM
Good for you. I only have 35 turns left to gain 35 regions...

Yeah - my first game I gave up on half way through, and in my second game I got to 40 by the end... it took me a while to come to terms with the massive rate of expansion you need to really win with time to spare. From the screenie I assume you're playing as Spain (who, I should note, I found _much_ easier than England who I previously played with)?

MustangSVT
02-01-07, 06:37 PM
More screenshots posted here...

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80410&highlight=medieval

You can get mods that enables all factions ,and better AI ,also where you can play as any faction you want. HAve seen screenshots of people playing with the Incas faction where they got to invade europe.. :p Also you can play as the PApal states or mongols. pretty cool .

Many mods can be found in twcenter site..

http://www.twcenter.net/

Ooohh, play as the mongols? As the incas? Sounds nice.

Nv40
02-01-07, 07:24 PM
Ooohh, play as the mongols? As the incas? Sounds nice.

yes.. every faction is playable. If you play as a non catholic faction , like arabs you can call for a Jihad (instead of a cruzade) againts catholic factions. :p

THe mod comunity is HUGE.,, its rare to see that level of support in games today.there are people working in a rome total conversion mod for medieval2. total war games are very popular in europe and asia. The are people doing crazy stuff with the game ,for example language packs where everyfaction speak their native language , profesors with PHd. in History hired by the the MOds community to recreate historically every faction with accuracy (to make the game more realistic) new animations system ,and of course new textures packs. in the previous TW for example there is a total conversion Mod made by real chinesse game developers ,that from nowhere came and released a BIG mod in the forums for free (3 kingdoms mod) that recreates the entire unification of china and their battles and emperors with completely new units ,maps ,factions .. its like a new game , it seems they hacked lots of code from the TW engine and it looks like their plans is to sell their subgame in their mainland. :)

|MaguS|
02-01-07, 07:28 PM
The gane looks great but I cant play turn limited games... drives me nuts.

Shamrock
02-01-07, 09:37 PM
Not EVERY faction. You can't play as the Rebels. Technically you can, but you can't build, nor add units.

J-Mag
02-01-07, 10:34 PM
The gane looks great but I cant play turn limited games... drives me nuts.

You could always just play a custom battle or historical battle. Then you are basically playing a resource-less RTS.

avesta
02-02-07, 01:52 PM
yes.. every faction is playable. If you play as a non catholic faction , like arabs you can call for a Jihad (instead of a cruzade) againts catholic factions. :p

THe mod comunity is HUGE.,, its rare to see that level of support in games today.there are people working in a rome total conversion mod for medieval2. total war games are very popular in europe and asia. The are people doing crazy stuff with the game ,for example language packs where everyfaction speak their native language , profesors with PHd. in History hired by the the MOds community to recreate historically every faction with accuracy (to make the game more realistic) new animations system ,and of course new textures packs. in the previous TW for example there is a total conversion Mod made by real chinesse game developers ,that from nowhere came and released a BIG mod in the forums for free (3 kingdoms mod) that recreates the entire unification of china and their battles and emperors with completely new units ,maps ,factions .. its like a new game , it seems they hacked lots of code from the TW engine and it looks like their plans is to sell their subgame in their mainland. :)

Well said. What has been created in the rome total war mod community is amazing to the point where rome total war has become a whole new game.

Now Medieval 2 is highly moddable, moreso than Rome total war. Give it a year or so and you will see some amazing things. Given how detailed the graphics are, I'm mostly waiting to see the castles and cities that the mod community will create, and the sieges that will take place in those cities/castles.

nVidi0t
02-02-07, 01:57 PM
Cant believe I missed this thread.

I've played through the grand campaign about 4 times already and play multiplayer daily. I usually play England for MP as I cant get enough of the retinue longbowmen ownage. I'm currently playing as England in the campaign (my second time) and attempting to annihilate the Turkish!

SebC
02-02-07, 02:11 PM
I can't find the AI mods :S

Nv40
02-02-07, 07:17 PM
Cant believe I missed this thread.

I've played through the grand campaign about 4 times already and play multiplayer daily. I usually play England for MP as I cant get enough of the retinue longbowmen ownage. I'm currently playing as England in the campaign (my second time) and attempting to annihilate the Turkish!

WHat you use to play online in multiplayer.. gamespy? any other way ?

nVidi0t
02-02-07, 08:29 PM
Yeah, GS or me and my buddies use Hamachi software and use LAN play.