ENU291
01-31-07, 09:37 AM
Just an FYI on the demo brothers! :D

Lfctony
01-31-07, 09:57 AM
Kewl, downloading ASAP! :)

six_storm
01-31-07, 10:29 AM
Already? Wow, that didn't take long. Please post impressions.

Lfctony
01-31-07, 10:42 AM
Oh how lovely, Gold memberships only. Yay, new ways for MS to gain money...

thor1182
01-31-07, 10:46 AM
you could see it that way, but it does give Gold members more reason not to feel jipped when they pay their XBL fee.

Lfctony
01-31-07, 10:58 AM
you could see it that way, but it does give Gold members more reason not to feel jipped when they pay their XBL fee.

And it was fine for so long, and they decide to change it now? Sure, it's because they care about their Gold members. Anyway, no point arguing, I'll get it when it becomes available. It's enough that I pay $88 for each of their friggin' games, not going to pay more for demos...

LurkerLito
01-31-07, 11:10 AM
I detest how they handle the demos now. I could see them holding back the demos of non gold members for two or three days, but they made it a week and I think that is way too long.

Gaco
01-31-07, 01:59 PM
don't you have to be a gold member to download ALL demos??

OWA
01-31-07, 02:00 PM
Wasn't GRAW the one that always looked kind of yellow...like everything had a yellow tint to it or was that just on the PC? If so, that's no longer the case. GRAW 2 looks pretty good from the little I saw when giving it a quick look earlier today.

Edit: Actually, after looking at some screenshots from GRAW that didn't look all that yellow'ish, maybe I'm thinking of something else. So, disregard my above comment.

Lfctony
01-31-07, 02:11 PM
don't you have to be a gold member to download ALL demos??

No, a Silver membership meant downloading demos and anything free, no online play. Now the demos are simply delayed one week for the Silver members. Why? Demos help you sell games. Why the heck would you delay them? I don't get their logic. How many people will sign up for Gold just for the demos?

msxyz
01-31-07, 02:43 PM
No, a Silver membership meant downloading demos and anything free, no online play. Now the demos are simply delayed one week for the Silver members. Why? Demos help you sell games. Why the heck would you delay them? I don't get their logic. How many people will sign up for Gold just for the demos?You're right, but having a demo one week before adds some perceived value. That's all.

Lyme
01-31-07, 04:19 PM
Gold membership is pretty cheap and the service is decent.

hordaktheman
01-31-07, 04:51 PM
You're right, but having a demo one week before adds some perceived value. That's all.
'Perceived' being the keyword...

It's unfortunate for someone in my position because the Live service around here is substandard (to say the least) and too lacking to warrant the asking price.

siorai
01-31-07, 04:58 PM
1. Live Gold is pretty cheap... Like $5 a month.. What's so tough about paying that? I guess there'd be no reason to whine then and I do know some people like to whine.. Plus, it's only a week.. It's not like it's a couple months or something outrageous.

2. I wish I would have known about the demo this morning.. I would have started downloading before leaving for work so it would be ready to go as soon as I got home. (nana2)

TiKiMaN1
01-31-07, 05:21 PM
Just an FYI on the demo brothers! :D

Downloading now!

:jumping:

ENU291
01-31-07, 08:47 PM
OK enough of this Silver/Gold membership stuff... it's time to talk about the demo. I played it and all I have to say is "IT'S TO DAMN SHORT!". So far the game is pretty similar to GRAW 1 (which is a GOOD thing) but the graphics, sound and gameplay mechanics have been improved big time. Your character now moves swiftly and smoothly. The cover system is easier and quicker so no more sticking to walls when you don't want to. Animations are much faster and the drone controls and camera system function better. The textures used for the environment look amazingly crisp and sharp. Very impressive. That coupled with the increased gameplay speed make GRAW 2 a must have title for the 360. This game is due out for the 360 in March of 07.

Quickstar
01-31-07, 09:34 PM
One thing i hated about GRAW was how you're constantly shooting, and relying on, red blips. Is GRAW 2 like this?

NaitoSan
01-31-07, 11:31 PM
Okay got GRAW 2 demo and graphics has improved a lot (it's not yellowish crap like those screenshots). Gameplay reminds the same however few things were changed. It's a bit confusing since I've been playing Rainbow Six: Vegas a lot lately. Hehehe. Great demo. Will buy GRAW 2 when it comes out.

TiKiMaN1
01-31-07, 11:56 PM
HOLY CRAP!! :eek:

GRAW 2 is fetchin' amazing!

Sweet visuals better control for changing weapons.

GRAW has been my bread and butter (especially when I'm getting skooled @ GoW :p)

I don't preorder games often, but this will be an exception.

Best Demo I have ever played on Xbox Live. Period.

ViN86
02-01-07, 12:39 AM
HOLY CRAP!! :eek:

GRAW 2 is fetchin' amazing!

Sweet visuals better control for changing weapons.

GRAW has been my bread and butter (especially when I'm getting skooled @ GoW :p)

I don't preorder games often, but this will be an exception.

Best Demo I have ever played on Xbox Live. Period.

i downloaded it too. man is it AWESOME :D

its so fun. the sniper rifle is freakin schweet (nana2)

TiKiMaN1
02-01-07, 01:16 AM
i downloaded it too. man is it AWESOME :D

its so fun. the sniper rifle is freakin schweet (nana2)

I love GRAW. Adding better graphics and better control...well that only makes a fantastic game even better.

Warning: Watch for the artillery.:D

Peoples-Agent
02-01-07, 07:25 AM
I had one gripe with this game, for some reason when tapping the trigger to shoot in full auto, it would like stick and repeatedly fire until the clip ran out. WTF...

Thought it was a gamepad issue, but it's brand new and haven't had this issue with any other games at all. Tested about three other games to check and can't replicate the problem.

As if firing seems unresponsive or something.

I bubble tap it , then put the gamepad down and it stills fires..... wtf

TiKiMaN1
02-01-07, 08:10 AM
I had one gripe with this game, for some reason when tapping the trigger to shoot in full auto, it would like stick and repeatedly fire until the clip ran out. WTF...

Thought it was a gamepad issue, but it's brand new and haven't had this issue with any other games at all. Tested about three other games to check and can't replicate the problem.

Dang....I actually did not experience that problem myself.

ENU291
02-01-07, 08:36 AM

I don't remember having this problem either but I'll check it out again tonight. Even if there is some problem with the auto fire I doubt something like that will make it into the finished product. GRAW 2 still has 2 months of development time left in UBISoft's schedule. ;)

JayK
02-01-07, 12:08 PM
Awesome demo, though I agree that it is too damn short. Just as I was getting into it, it ends, lol. Graphics look awesome, controls are better, I will definitely be getting this on first day it is out