-Xbox 360 rechargeable battery pack
-2x Xbox Live 1600 Microsoft Points Card
-12 month live subscription

Games:
-Gears of War
-Burnout Revenge
-Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
-Call of Duty 3

feel free to criticize any of the above.

toxikneedle
01-31-07, 04:52 PM
cod3... meh. if you haven't played condemned or oblivion (since both of those are on PC) I'd get those instead.

Also, this is just a personal preference, but there's no point in getting the 2nd battery (since the quick charge kit comes with one). They last really long, but I dunno how long you play at a time.

Toss3
01-31-07, 04:53 PM
How about throwing in Oblivion as well? :) Looks like a solid gaming package you've got there. Have fun playing with it!

LiquidX
01-31-07, 04:54 PM
Congrats, great package you have there but I would leave off 12 month live subscription until after using the free month long trial being that they service may not be up to snuff from Egypt. Also I would substitute COD3 for maybe Lost Planet or even Dead Rising.

Alaa
01-31-07, 05:06 PM
thanks for your feedback :) I love WWII games but if you think that it is not that good then I might get Lost Planet because I am not really into RPG games nor do I like Single-Player-Only Games (I like some but not horror ones:D). I will certainly use my trial month, Thanks. So any opinions about Lost planet/oblivion? Might be my first RPG. btw, this is my very first xbox experience I have never TOUCHED an Xbox. :D

tornadog
01-31-07, 05:06 PM
you are missing a PS3....j/k

Alaa
01-31-07, 05:09 PM
you are missing a PS3....j/k
This is true! PS is the one and only choice here.

For the extra battery: I usually play with my friends/brother I don't want to leave them in the dark ages with AA batteries. :D

Lfctony
01-31-07, 05:16 PM
Cod3 is an excellent game, I have it on the PS3. AFAIK, it's better on the 360 as well. It looks better and suffers from less slowdowns during firefights.

OWA
01-31-07, 05:34 PM
Looks good to me. :) Hopefully you got someone else to confirm the NTSC stuff though right?

Alaa
01-31-07, 05:37 PM
Looks good to me. :) Hopefully you got someone else to confirm the NTSC stuff though right?
Yes, it's a common practice here. :)

Connaught
01-31-07, 08:31 PM
I Would say take out Burnout Revenge and wait for Burnout 5 due out this year (what im doing)

And maybe take out Call of Duty 3 and put in something besides racing and shooting.....like Kameo, Viva Pinata, N3, ...etc give you some variety ..or perhaps wait for Crackdown (unless money is no factor then get both...)

Oh and recommended arcade game = Small Arms and the top down shooting car game...forget what its called...recently released...

Marvel_us
01-31-07, 08:53 PM
+1 for Viva Pinata, I love that game.

I say take out COD3 and try Lost Planet but I'm basing that purely on videos I've seen since I haven't played either.

kaltek
02-01-07, 03:37 AM
Just bought CoD3 two days ago and I like it more than I thought I would. Camera work and animations are simply awesome, plus the graphics are a solid improvement over CoD2 too. The screenshots simply do not make it justice.

I'd switch Burnout for PGR3 or TDU though. Other ones I agree with totally, since they're pretty much mandatory for every 360 owner :)

ViN86
02-01-07, 10:58 AM
tbh, you dont really need the points. i havent seen a use for them yet.

kaltek
02-01-07, 01:18 PM
tbh, you dont really need the points. i havent seen a use for them yet.

Pretty much share that opinion. I've only bought Doom and Cloning Clyde, which are worth every penny btw.

OWA
02-01-07, 01:31 PM
I've used the points to purchase several XBL games. If you like any of the classic arcade games, it's worth it.

Euphoria
02-01-07, 01:34 PM
Yeah get Oblivion.
I just got it after a whole year of gaming and I really like it.
I already have: GOW, COD2, BF2, GROW, DOA4, Marvel, PDZ, N3, NFS

Lyme
02-01-07, 02:59 PM
I am finalizing my Xbox 360 order. Please tell me if I missed something:

Hardware:
-2x Xbox Live 1600 Microsoft Points Card
-12 month live subscription

Games:
-Burnout Revenge
-Call of Duty 3

It is/will be important that you register your location as being in the country you are getting the points card from. As strange as it sounds, points cards from the USA do not work on Canadian XBL accounts. Otherwise if you have a credit card (visa, mastercard), I would recommend either finding a points/subscription bundle (I got a extra headset with my subscription card), or simply buying the points online through XBL. I'm sure everyone would agree that buying a points card that you cannot use would be quite a tragedy.
For burnout revenge, and I have not played it, I've read some so-so reviews on it. While PGR3 isn't a option, you may want to look into NFS:Carbon? There are a number of websites out there http://www.teamxbox.com/ that can give comparative reviews.
COD3, I played the demo and given more time in my life would buy the game. As it goes the graphics are more of a port/minor upgrade but the game is still quite a bit of fun. If you are fine with that, then there is no reason not to buy it.

Alaa
02-01-07, 04:19 PM
Well, I might get just One 1600point for the games that I like. I will make sure that they work. I like burnout and its fast cars. I tried Carbon on PC and I just didn't like it that much.

OWA
02-01-07, 06:44 PM
Are the points on the card type only useable for certain games?

Lyme
02-01-07, 07:00 PM
Points cards can buy any XBL game, and even extend your subscription, assuming you have enough points that is.

Alaa
02-01-07, 07:09 PM
Can I start my live Gold subscription with these points?

Lyme
02-01-07, 08:35 PM
Can I start my live Gold subscription with these points?

Actually, I don't think you can continue or start a xbl subscription with the points.. or at least the webpage doesn't seem to indicate that you can. I use a credit card for all my xbl stuff.

1337_Like_ThaT
02-01-07, 09:02 PM
If you are going to be an avid online player, get the wireless headset, much more convenient than the wired headset :)

Alaa
02-02-07, 05:20 AM
Well, Can I get a 12-month live Gold subscription from the UK for my US-X360?