PDA

View Full Version : 7600GT HDTV on a standard TV?

MrWho
01-31-07, 05:24 PM
First of all, hello all. Last time I posted here I was a proud owner of a Radeon 9600Pro. Finally, 2 cards later, I'm in dire need for help once more.

I bought an Asus 7600GT HDTV Ready, but I (still) own an old-fashioned TV set in all its low res 50hz flickerin' glory. But I can't find a way to use it with my new card. Is it at all possible?

I've already used the search button, but it seems most of the forum members already have a new-style television... :o

Thanks in advance for any help!

Camp0rz
01-31-07, 06:22 PM
I kinda don't understand what you're saying, but I have a evga 7600gt and I connected it to a standard def through s video.

Your card should of came with a s video cable and a s video to rgb hdtv adapter cable. At least mine did.

MrWho
02-01-07, 02:09 AM
Well, the connector on the back of the card looks prioritary (I can connect a standard SVideo cable there, but I get no picture, and the connector has more pins than the standard SVideo cable). Along with the card, I only got the Component cable (RGB), nothing else (unless the people who sold me the card got their greasy hands on the rest of the cables - anyone with an Asus EN7600GT can confirm this for me, please?).

sharangad
02-01-07, 06:20 AM
Well, the connector on the back of the card looks prioritary (I can connect a standard SVideo cable there, but I get no picture, and the connector has more pins than the standard SVideo cable). Along with the card, I only got the Component cable (RGB), nothing else (unless the people who sold me the card got their greasy hands on the rest of the cables - anyone with an Asus EN7600GT can confirm this for me, please?).

What you need is one of these:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=220177

http://www.scan.co.uk/images/products/220177.jpg

This fits into the 7 or 9 pin mini-DIN socket (on nVidia cards the nVidia cable is compatible with both. The older 6600s had a 9 pin socket and the newer 7 series cards have a 7pin in socket. The 9 pin cable fits into the 7 pin socket without any problems).