PDA

View Full Version : Today is Jan, 31st...and?

lukrad
01-31-07, 06:36 PM
Are we supposed to get new drivers today for Vista? Yesterday, Nvidia stated that they will release new drivers today? :thumbdwn:

"DirectX 9 and OpenGL NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 8800 GPUs will be available on January 31, 2007 in a new driver from NVIDIA"

Who is smoking them or us?

lee63
01-31-07, 06:38 PM
They got til midnight (lee63)

lukrad
01-31-07, 06:39 PM
They got til midnight (lee63)

Technically yes...maybe Nvidia CEO will upload drivers by himself. Come on...this is getting out of hand....

SH0DAN
01-31-07, 06:40 PM
They still have a few hours... :p

lukrad
01-31-07, 06:42 PM
They still have a few hours... :p

Here is what Nvidia driver team is doing right now... :banghead: Again! DRM crap...

ciaspook
01-31-07, 06:43 PM
Well, something is happening @ nVidia tonight. Their main webpage is fubar again...

redviper
01-31-07, 06:46 PM
Here is what Nvidia driver team is doing right now... :banghead: Again! DRM crap...

You really take the cake for being a retard. DRM in vista is needed if you want to play HD content. Content providers dictate what kind of DRM their content will have to go through. If you don't like it, stop watching TV and movies and stop listening to music.

And DRM in Vista does very little for the video driver model since all NVidia has to do is disable HDMI support to avoid it. The new driver model that allows 3d applications to share the graphics hardware is more to blame here but that is the price you pay for a very innovative system.

Heck look at the scores for the 1950 XTX on Vista. Almost 15% faster!

Now back to your hole.

Slammin
01-31-07, 06:48 PM
oooh! Another troll thread!

Should be closed since they actually do have 6 more hours by my clock.

And even if a new driver does not come out, what then? Several dozen new troll threads?

And yes, right now this is a troll thread. After midnight, it would be a whine thread ;)

lukrad
01-31-07, 06:51 PM
You really take the cake for being a retard. DRM in vista is needed if you want to play HD content. Content providers dictate what kind of DRM their content will have to go through. If you don't like it, stop watching TV and movies and stop listening to music.

And DRM in Vista does very little for the video driver model since all NVidia has to do is disable HDMI support to avoid it. The new driver model that allows 3d applications to share the graphics hardware is more to blame here but that is the price you pay for a very innovative system.

Heck look at the scores for the 1950 XTX on Vista. Almost 15% faster!

Now back to your hole.

It's Hollywood crap...I didn't say Vista won't be faster then XP. It takes time. But, Nvidia had time to have drivers ready by now. DX API specs were completed over a year from now, etc..Ok let's forget 8800 because you will say that's a new architecture. What about freaking GF6 series. There is no excuse for them. Just like Creative, Nvidia started working on it too late, and now they are catching up.

lukrad
01-31-07, 06:52 PM
oooh! Another troll thread!

Should be closed since they actually do have 6 more hours by my clock.

And even if a new driver does not come out, what then? Several dozen new troll threads?

And yes, right now this is a troll thread. After midnight, it would be a whine thread ;)

Of course...if a company such as Nvidia says that they will release drivers on certain day it better happen because they can lose credibility...

We still have over 6 hours by midnight...so wait :)

Mr_LoL
01-31-07, 06:54 PM
I need my Digital Vibrance. My desktop looks bland without it. Buckle up Nvidia.

lukrad
01-31-07, 06:55 PM
I need my Digital Vibrance. My desktop looks bland without it. Buckle up Nvidia.

:) once you get used to you really need it...

Redeemed
01-31-07, 07:07 PM

lol

I used to have DV maxed... but then I realised it looked better somewhere towards the center. DV really does make things look better though. :)

Mr_LoL
01-31-07, 07:12 PM
lol

I used to have DV maxed... but then I realised it looked better somewhere towards the center. DV really does make things look better though. :)
I have mine on at about 20%. Its my favourite feature of actually using Nvidia. I have never used Ati's Avivo so I cant really compare.

malachi1313
01-31-07, 07:24 PM
It's what I been saying all along. The extra crap that vista makes you add to the code to appease the goons in the entertainment industry is SCREWING ALL of us over from the hardware vendors on down. And you all know what baby dookie does on hills....

malachi1313
01-31-07, 07:25 PM
ME too...

badboy64
01-31-07, 07:39 PM
Check the post above you as they just released 100.59 drivers.:rolleyes:

MUYA
01-31-07, 07:48 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85430