PDA

View Full Version : More Crap From Sony....What's new?

TiKiMaN1
02-01-07, 12:10 AM
The people at Sony just need to shut up and let there system do the talking.:screwy:(crazy)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6165074.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

TiKiMaN1
02-01-07, 12:29 AM
Seriosuly I think the PS3 has great potential, but the lame Execs and Spokeman just will not stop.

Bad_Boy
02-01-07, 12:33 AM
I dont really see whats so wrong with saying that. At 250 bucks I'd consider it more impulsive as well. Not saying people dont think long and hard about getting a Wii but determining which is more impulsive; a 250 Wii or a 499/599 PS3, the wii is definately more "impulse buy" to some people.

Seriosuly I think the PS3 has great potential, but the lame Execs and Spokeman just will not stop.

Sony sure has bad PR, but I don't see whats so bad about this one specifically.

toxikneedle
02-01-07, 12:34 AM
without trying to crap on sony too much, especially since their execs constantly talk out of their ass. but why are they attacking the wii, it's humiliating for anyone at sony to look at wii as a direct competitor for the ps3. i doubt anyone interested in ps3 type games, would buy a wii instead, and visa versa. they shouldn't even talk about the wii, focus on sony stuff or maybe bash ms every now and then.

Bad_Boy
02-01-07, 12:49 AM
without trying to crap on sony too much, especially since their execs constantly talk out of their ass. but why are they attacking the wii, it's humiliating for anyone at sony to look at wii as a direct competitor for the ps3. i doubt anyone interested in ps3 type games, would buy a wii instead, and visa versa. they shouldn't even talk about the wii, focus on sony stuff or maybe bash ms every now and then.
I kinda agree with that, to some degree (there are people that are interested in both, im sure). To be fair though, they did say themselves it's not in the same "catagroy"

Now, Karraker has turned his eye toward Nintendo's Wii, telling The New York Times that the system didn't belong in the same category as the PlayStation 3.

Anyways, it's all PR at the end of the day. And PR is usually FUD no matter who it comes from.

TiKiMaN1
02-01-07, 12:52 AM
When you can't beat them Sony just BASH them.

At least Robbie Bach at MS thinks the Wii is a good buy (coming from his comments a few months ago).

Bad_Boy
02-01-07, 01:05 AM

At least Robbie Bach at MS thinks the Wii is a good buy (coming from his comments a few months ago).
http://news.spong.com/article/10071
Harrison went on to say, "I haven't had a chance to check out the Wii myself, but Nintendo has a great history of innovation and has always done great things for gaming and long may they do so. But as it relates to our strategy they are very much in a different market."
That sure is some bashing.

Zelda_fan
02-01-07, 01:12 AM
Karraker has turned his eye toward Nintendo's Wii, telling The New York Times that the system didn't belong in the same category as the PlayStation 3

lol Sony's PR mill just keeps getting better and better every day.

Well Sony, this "under classed system" is outselling your flagship console 4:1. You ought to be embarrassed to put Wii in the same sentence with the PS3.

TiKiMaN1
02-01-07, 01:14 AM
http://news.spong.com/article/10071

That sure is some bashing.

I guess they need to tell certain people including their spokesman to please shut up.:p

Bad_Boy
02-01-07, 01:22 AM
lol Sony's PR mill just keeps getting better and better every day.

toxikneedle pretty much the same thing, and I agree. Wii and PS3 are almost completely different things. I dont really see whats wrong with saying that.

I guess they need to tell certain people including their spokesman to please shut up.:p
I've been saying that for a while. Harrison is the only one at Sony who should be doing PR.

buffbiff21
02-01-07, 01:39 AM
im not sure why everyone is so adamant about all these lame 'console wars'

it seems some people want to give nintendo dome, and others want go give sony dome.

i just dont get what people get so fired up about. wow, a video game system sold more than the other, lets fight about it!

its like rooting for a one armed man in a wheel chair race, or a limbless man in a swim competition

evilchris
02-01-07, 02:20 AM
the same reason people are so adament about lame "ATI vs NVIDIA" wars. Those are even lamer, since they all play the same freaking games.

nemecb
02-01-07, 12:04 PM
Yeah, really the only reason I care if the Wii does well is that it will get more good games if it sells a ton of units. Otherwise I'm having a lot of fun with it and it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it.

|MaguS|
02-01-07, 12:25 PM
I've been saying that for a while. Harrison is the only one at Sony who should be doing PR.

I so agree, They hsould only let the guys who actually have some connection to the games talk. Kutagari and all the other suits are just annoying. The problem is Sony doesn't let their 1st party developers talk much, they keep them quiet so they can have their "suprise" titles.

I bet at this years E3 we will see Killzone, Tekken 6, A Game from the GoW team, Naughty Dog, and another from Insomniac.

Marvel_us
02-01-07, 01:06 PM

Funny because Mr. MS aka Bill Gates thinks the Wii is just a fad.

toxikneedle
02-01-07, 01:18 PM
Funny because Mr. MS aka Bill Gates thinks the Wii is just a fad.
Yeah but Peter Moore doesn't, and who are you gonna listen to, when it comes to Xbox and gaming? Bill Gates also said Halo 3 would be out for the PS3 launch.

Bad_Boy
02-01-07, 02:47 PM
I so agree, They hsould only let the guys who actually have some connection to the games talk. Kutagari and all the other suits are just annoying. The problem is Sony doesn't let their 1st party developers talk much, they keep them quiet so they can have their "suprise" titles.

I bet at this years E3 we will see Killzone, Tekken 6, A Game from the GoW team, Naughty Dog, and another from Insomniac.
Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if a couple of those showed up at GDC, which is a little earlier. Hopefully we get some better footage than last year.

Marvel_us
02-01-07, 03:32 PM
Yeah but Peter Moore doesn't, and who are you gonna listen to, when it comes to Xbox and gaming? Bill Gates also said Halo 3 would be out for the PS3 launch.

I don't really like Peter Moore. I'm just trying to say that just because the person is from MS, Sony, Nintendo etc it's still their own opinion which doesn't mean a thing.