PDA

View Full Version : internal SATA hard drives show as USB devices?

nmdelrio
02-01-07, 12:14 PM
Why do my internal SATA hard drives show as USB devices in the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on the taskbar?

Is it because it means they are hot-pluggable? Meaning I can remove them even when my PC is turned on and running?

:confused:

nekrosoft13
02-01-07, 12:30 PM
Why do my internal SATA hard drives show as USB devices in the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on the taskbar?

Is it because it means they are hot-pluggable? Meaning I can remove them even when my PC is turned on and running?

yes, thats correct, just don't unplug your c drive ;)

einstein_314
02-01-07, 12:41 PM

They shouldn't be shown as USB devices...They don't have to USB to show up in the "safely remove hardware" thinger. But yes, they're there because they are hot swappable. And it won't let you "eject" the c: drive. I've tried :D

nmdelrio
02-01-07, 12:53 PM
cool! :super:

thanks!

mojoman0
02-01-07, 07:27 PM
ive always wondered what happens if u click disconnect...what does happen?

nmdelrio
02-02-07, 02:54 AM
ive always wondered what happens if u click disconnect...what does happen?

well, they do disconnect, as long they are not in ant read/write operation, except the C:\drive which are always in use.