PDA

View Full Version : Join the fight against NVIDIA: Ask them for proper Vista drivers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Phyxion
02-01-07, 01:34 PM
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/679/nvidiauk5.jpg

nekrosoft13
02-01-07, 01:37 PM
this will be very useful, copied list

Phyxion
02-01-07, 01:38 PM
That's why I posted it :)

I still think this emailaddress is wrong:
moreton@nvidia.com
Wasn't it spelled minus "et"? :P

Added a new one!

Q
02-01-07, 01:42 PM
Even though I'm running Vista, I'd settle for decent XP drivers.

Also, it would be great if we could keep all of our bitching and whining in this ONE thread instead of complaining in every driver release thread.

Phyxion
02-01-07, 01:44 PM
I agree Qlitchford, all complaints can be placed in here.

Riptide
02-01-07, 01:48 PM
/hugs my copy of XP Home

:angel:

nekrosoft13
02-01-07, 01:49 PM
i been patient so far, ....

Riptide
02-01-07, 01:51 PM
Nice avatar nekrosoft13. Transformer fan?

Lfctony
02-01-07, 01:55 PM
Bitch away brothers... :p

jcossin
02-01-07, 02:23 PM
Keep the pressure on boys!

<SOAP BOX MODE ON>
Vista is irrelevent at the moment. Why anyone has wasted money on it at this point is beyond me. Wait until there's a reason to move to Vista and by then you'll have your drivers. I went through this crap when Windows 2000 came out and I wouldn't do it again. I'll stay on XP until there's a compelling reason to move.
<SOAP BOX MODE OFF>

Q
02-01-07, 02:25 PM
Keep the pressure on boys!

<SOAP BOX MODE ON>
Vista is irrelevent at the moment. Why anyone has wasted money on it at this point is beyond me. Wait until there's a reason to move to Vista and by then you'll have your drivers. I went through this crap when Windows 2000 came out and I wouldn't do it again. I'll stay on XP until there's a compelling reason to move.
<SOAP BOX MODE OFF>

I like Aero a lot, the sidebar is nice, but the one killer feature that sells me is being able to run Media Center with advanced networking and sharing.

nekrosoft13
02-01-07, 02:29 PM
Nice avatar nekrosoft13. Transformer fan?

yes, big fan, but only of the original series, and so far the movie looks like big pile of ****.

i grew up with transformers

Riptide
02-01-07, 02:30 PM
Yeah I loved the original series when I was a kid. I had an omega supreme and a skyfire. The skyfire was badass not sure what ever happened to him. Looked like a veritech fighter from robotech.

Anyhow back on topic. How about them drivers dudes? You likey? lol

Eliminator
02-01-07, 02:31 PM
I would ask them for some proper XP drivers for 7 series:thumbdwn:

nekrosoft13
02-01-07, 02:34 PM
Yeah I loved the original series when I was a kid. I had an omega supreme and a skyfire. The skyfire was badass not sure what ever happened to him. Looked like a veritech fighter from robotech.

Anyhow back on topic. How about them drivers dudes? You likey? lol

if you like the original series go to google, you can order entire original series for dirt cheap, import from china, menu are chinesse but show is actually in english. I converted all the episodes to AVI (xvid)

Mr_LoL
02-01-07, 02:40 PM
I am back using XP. The tearing in games and the lack of DV in the vista drivers where doing my nut in. Thank God for dual booting.

Princess_Frosty
02-01-07, 02:45 PM
I'm sorry, what makes you think they're not already putting in as much effort as reasonably possible?

nekrosoft13
02-01-07, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry, what makes you think they're not already putting in as much effort as reasonably possible?

THEN THEY NEED TO PUT MORE

hire extra 100 programmers i don't care, make a good driver.

Mr_LoL
02-01-07, 02:50 PM
Have a look at their home page http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html
"Nvidia Essential for the best Windows Vista experience" :rolleyes: They have had months to get these drivers ready. What have they been doing?

OWA
02-01-07, 02:50 PM
Even though I'm running Vista, I'd settle for decent XP drivers.

Also, it would be great if we could keep all of our bitching and whining in this ONE thread instead of complaining in every driver release thread.
Yeah, that would be great. Most of the other driver threads got ruined with the constant arguing over Vista.

Riptide
02-01-07, 02:54 PM

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTI3NCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Q
02-01-07, 03:02 PM
THEN THEY NEED TO PUT MORE

hire extra 100 programmers i don't care, make a good driver.

Exactly. Most people here spent around $600 or more a card, whether it was a 6800 7800 or 8800. A lot of us bought 2. I realize that R&D and support costs are very high. I'm finishing my BA in Management this semester and I've done enough case studies and reports on the high tech industry to realize this.

What Nvidia is failing to relize, however, is the stigma that they are creating for themselves in the gaming market. This stigma held down ATI for a number of years. Even today there is still rumors of it, but ATI has in fact become the standard for drivers quality (in comparison to 8800 drivers). Their drivers are far from perfect, but are currently leaps and bounds ahead of what Nvidia is providing for its flagship card under XP and Vista. If they don't pull this around very soon, as in by the time the R600 is released (barring similar drivers problems with that card), Nvidia is going to dig themselves a deep hole. I'm not saying they are going to go out of business or anything like that, but I would imagine it would definitely effect thier bottom line over the next few years.

One of the first responses to this line of reasoning is that the high end market doesn't really matter to a company, mainstream is where the cash is. To some extent, they're right. Somewhat less than 5% of the total number of cards sold are high performance. However, the margins for these cards are OUTRAGEOUS. Even considering R&D, graphics card companies enjoy extremely high margins on these products. In the end, they attribute for a large percentage of the net income on the balance sheet, even if they account for only 5% of the total amount of cards sold.

Since the niche gaming market is more sensitive to driver issues than the mainstream, and since this market is so lucrative, it is important for the company to cater to and show appreciation to its customers in this segment. Even a small shift in the number of high end cards sold can make an impact on the companies bottom line.

Edit: http://yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com/fetchFilingFrameset.aspx?dcn=0001193125-06-230536&Type=HTML

OWA
02-01-07, 03:03 PM
Quote from their article...

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTI3NCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Talking to NVIDIA about this today, they explain they very well aware that the enthusiast community is not happy with the state of the Vista drivers and they told HardOCP that they are working hard to fix the issues.

Riptide
02-01-07, 03:17 PM
Yes I'm glad they are working on it I have no doubt about that.

This just seems funny to me. For weeks we've been told "Will you guys just shut your pie holes and quit whining! Vista isn't even out for sale yet!". And guess what, now it is, and the drivers still SUCK. lol

Ancient
02-01-07, 03:21 PM
If you're going to play on the cutting edge, be prepared to bleed.

I can't believe people are acting outraged that their brand new, high-end techie toys don't work entirely properly on an OS released just recently. Things like this are nothing new or surprising. I know than many of you complaining aren't newbies, but you're sure acting as if you have no prior experience with this sort of thing.