PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 Deathmatch?

glennalan
02-01-07, 12:50 PM
Has anyone ever tried to play HL2DM on dialup? I've got it 100% ready to play
and have set the settings and all of that, but then I believe it just crashes. has anyone ever played this on just dialup or is broadband an absolute must?

Gaco
02-01-07, 01:02 PM
Broadband is must for all first person shooters online, don't even bother.. :thumbdwn:

glennalan
02-01-07, 03:00 PM
Thanks. I thought that to be true. Though I am sure I've read someone else playing online with dialup with some other game. I figure this game is probably to advanced to play without broadband. O.K.

glennalan
02-01-07, 05:06 PM
Actually i just played it online a bit. Before when I got to the part where it said it was loading a map I figured it would take hours to do that so i would just cancel out. I managed to get the game going quickly this time and it was running at a constant 75fps though the game was flickering quite a bit and had some purple haze in it. I wandered around the prison abit alone because there wasn't anyone else playing on that particular server and then I climbed down a ladder and the game dipped to 64fps and crashed.

Gentle
02-02-07, 12:30 PM
There used to be an issue with changing resolutions and getting purple-ish effects.

If it's that, you might exit the game after changing your resolution and reconnecting.

Gentle

P.S. Which video card do you have?

SH64
02-02-07, 12:36 PM
I did play once & it was ok. you get some occasional lags , but maybe you can manage it for some time.

glennalan
02-02-07, 02:32 PM
It didn't seem to great to me. Just more of the prison map.