PDA

View Full Version : Which Mobo Has The Least ISSUES???

XDanger
02-01-07, 03:40 PM
Not one single motherboard review can possibly measure a boards stability as the manufacturers are highly unlikely to supply the reviewer with anything other than the cream of the crop.
Every day I spend ages selecting a motherboard then only to read about the many problems people have had with it.
Evga 680i - Many Many Issues
P5N32SLI-/E -Many Issues
What about the P5B-Deluxe???? Is that messed up as well

Is it asking too much to want a mobo that works and overclocks nicely.
I haven't even chosen a board yet and im already pissed off.:fu:

hirantha
02-01-07, 03:44 PM
I think no matter how good a company, issues are inevitable. We are dealing with electronics here, so when you want to buy something go for a known brand and the best package.

XDanger
02-01-07, 03:47 PM
How is your P5B Deluxe? Nice ?

Problems are inevitable if you don't test your products properly.

hirantha
02-01-07, 03:50 PM
How is your P5B Deluxe? Nice ?

Yep I like it! "Knock on wood" it hasnít given me any problems so far, newest BIOS seem to always fix any problems the boards have. My board is soon leaving for a SLI board, but Iím very satisfied.

jAkUp
02-01-07, 03:57 PM
Yup, no hardware is without its issues, I've had very good luck with my 680i board though, I think its the easiest to OC out of any board I had previously owned.

SlieTheSecond
02-01-07, 04:29 PM
I hear nothing but good about the P5B Deluxe.
I've gotten 3.4Ghz (I hit 3.5 but temps where too high) with E6400 out of my P5B vanilla stable as a rock. And the Deluxe is better than mine :)

XDanger
02-01-07, 07:23 PM
I think Ive finally!!!! made my choice(P5B-D), Good timing as my credit card arrives tomorrow.

Subtestube
02-01-07, 07:39 PM
I notice you were considering the DS3 - I have the DS4 (which might be available in the UK?), which I find excellent, though I can't imagine it being _better_ than the P5B-D. I think you've made an excellent choice.

Roadhog
02-01-07, 08:18 PM
I think Ive finally!!!! made my choice(P5B-D), Good timing as my credit card arrives tomorrow.

great choice, mines awesome!

XDanger
02-02-07, 02:46 PM
I notice you were considering the DS3 - I have the DS4 (which might be available in the UK?), which I find excellent, though I can't imagine it being _better_ than the P5B-D. I think you've made an excellent choice.

Was also considering waiting for the GA-N680SLI-DQ6 SLI to be released (30 days from today) ,but not 100% sure of 680i anymore and Im just not patient enough, don't really need sli anyway.

Subtestube
02-02-07, 03:05 PM
Mmmm.... I have a feeling that for all the advantages of the 680i series motherboards, they probably won't be quite as stable as P/G 965 Intel chipset boards. There's a lot to be said for an Intel Chipset with an Intel CPU.

XDanger
02-02-07, 03:33 PM
Mmmm.... I have a feeling that for all the advantages of the 680i series motherboards, they probably won't be quite as stable as P/G 965 Intel chipset boards. There's a lot to be said for an Intel Chipset with an Intel CPU.
Vista has the Intel drivers as well so much easier when I decide to use Vista, Ive ordered a copy ,not that sure I want to use it straight away.