PDA

View Full Version : I only have the Money To buy either the 32bit or the 64bit Vista Premium

john19055
02-01-07, 04:52 PM
Which version would make the most since to get ,or which one will run my games the best includeing my old games.If it is like the XP 64bit version ,then in most all cases the 32bit version was faster ,and do you think with most of the games comeing out will be 32bit version and latter on a 64bit patch ,I am wanting to get one but can not make of my mind to get the 32bit or the 64bit version,Does the 64bit version of Vista have backwards capability.Can I load a old game such as Need For Speed Porche on a 64bit version of Vista 64bit and it work,or do I stand a better chance of the 32bit version of Vista to run it better.I would like to get the Ultimate version retail but it is just to high.

J-Mag
02-01-07, 04:58 PM
Why does it matter if you are buying retail you will get both and if not you can always request the other version to be sent to you, from what I hear...

john19055
02-01-07, 05:06 PM
The only version that has both is the Ultimate Retail version ,and I was planning on buying OEM Premium since it is so much cheaper and really the only thing you lose is the fancy Box and tech support.I would still like to know if the 64bit version of Vista is backwards capable.

J-Mag
02-01-07, 05:21 PM
So does this not apply to OEM?
http://www.engadget.com/photos/vista-home-premium-loosed-in-the-us-unboxed-in-oz/141949/

john19055
02-01-07, 05:47 PM
I would like to know that too,But I bet only the retail has it,since it comes in that fancy box and the retail offers tech support.

J-Mag
02-01-07, 05:48 PM
Yeah I actually went to the MS link and they mention retail, so looks like OEM is a no go if you want both versions.

john19055
02-01-07, 06:00 PM
But even if you send to get the 64bit version ,would'nt you still have to use the same serial number for both copies ,just like it is with the Ultimate version Retail ,that is shipped with both 32bit and 64bit versions ,but they have the same serial number so you still can not load it on but one computer.

ManOnFire
02-02-07, 01:05 AM
Vista Retail is almost 3 times the price of Vista OEM, so you can start with the 32-bit oem version and then buy the 64-bit version when you need it, you still got enough money left to almost by a third copy of Vista OEM compared to a single Retail copy.