PDA

View Full Version : BF2 CD-Key not valid anymore? WTF!?

Uberpwnage
02-01-07, 07:06 PM
I installed BF2 again, haven't really played it in a while. It installed fine with the key i got from the manual. Played some brief single-player trying out 16xQ AA, 16xAF, and TSAA @ 1920x1200; worked fine. I tried to connect to a server, and it said "invalid cd-key", same on 5 other servers.

WTF happened? I bought this over a year ago, and used to play quite alot...and all of a sudden it doesnt work.

Bman212121
02-01-07, 07:16 PM
I installed BF2 again, haven't really played it in a while. It installed fine with the key i got from the manual. Played some brief single-player trying out 16xQ AA, 16xAF, and TSAA @ 1920x1200; worked fine. I tried to connect to a server, and it said "invalid cd-key", same on 5 other servers.

WTF happened? I bought this over a year ago, and used to play quite alot...and all of a sudden it doesnt work.

I think it is doing you a favor. (nana2)

Seriously though, there are only 2 things I can think of. Someone else used your key and got it banned, or you managed to type in a key similar to yours, and it let you install with it, but it's not a legit key. Other than that, I'm not really sure what would cause that, unless PB was acting up. I'd try a reinstall and double check the key when you enter it, or you can go to totalbf2 and look at the FAQs. http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85898

I know there is also a post on how to change your key, but I always have a hard time finding it.

Here is a quote of the fix. A lot of times after you patch, your code can disappear out of the registry. Here are the steps to fix the key in the registry.

Checked-out the CD Key that was in the registry and saw that it had been modified and broken. . . .
. . . . { more than likely from the "patch" crap...OR SP1 or SP2 "clipher-crap" who know's??? }

A - 1.= First_off....It's YOUR OWN fault if you SCREW up anything for here/in the Registry>>>
>>>be Smart and back it up first ! ! ! !

..........:eek:............:slap: ..........:stick: ............:slapass: ............:slobber:

1. Start off 4 = BF2

2. Open regedit ( start > run > regedit)

3. Go to HKLM\Software\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\ergc

4. If yours was like mine, you will see that the entry is nothing like your CD Key.

5. Delete everything "AFTER" the "x9392" and input your "CD Key" for BF2. (x9232CDKEYHERE)....
......Do not put in the dashes.

6. close & reboot; then, installed patch; again,>>> checked RegEdit on this just to make sure
before attempting to get into multiplayer-Game-play........
(maybe even reboot first....)

7. THEN, after BF2 is up and working OK....Install BF2:Special Forces. After the installation,
ensure it is in the RegEdit, also.....HKLM\Software\Electronic Arts\EA Games\
Battlefield 2 Special Forces\ergc.........CD Key for SF without dashes.

8. Install the "patch" >>>>yes again ! ! .......and also check out the cd key in RegEdit
for both, again.....( just to make sure and all ) ! !

THEN COMMENCE TO GO ONLINE & GAME-ON ! ! ! !

Performed all this on quite a few machine's & system's for this same problem-O,

[ like 95% of the prob's ]; and have been in several servers & Gaming >>> ON . . . without issue's.

:p: ............:banana: .........:woot: ........:clap: ..........;)

. . . . . i hope this will help out all out there with this CRAP of " CD Key = Invalid " PROBLEM-O

4 which EA does NOT want to help to find/or give out... the RIGHT fix for.....(gofigure, eh? ! ? !)......:rolleyes:

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
10-29-07, 06:40 PM
1. Start off 4 = BF2

4. If yours was like mine, you will see that the entry is nothing like your CD Key.

5. Delete everything "AFTER" the "x9392" and input your "CD Key" for BF2. (x9232CDKEYHERE)....

6. close & reboot; then, installed patch; again,>>> checked RegEdit on this just to make sure

7. THEN, after BF2 is up and working OK....Install BF2:Special Forces. After the installation,

8. Install the "patch" >>>>yes again ! ! .......and also check out the cd key in RegEdit

It worked perfect for me.
Thankx Bman212121 u rock!.

I’m just not sure what Bman212121 meant in the first step, “1. Start off 4 = BF2”. But just imagine Bman212121 said the following,

1. Start off by exiting BF2.

NOTE: I went as far as Step 6, therefore I suggest anyone with the “Invalid CD-key” problem do the same. But after I follow steps seven and eight I’m sure it will work fine.

Bman212121
10-29-07, 07:00 PM
Your welcome. ;)

I didn't write the original directions but thanks for detailing them.

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
10-29-07, 09:11 PM
Your welcome. ;)

I didn't write the original directions but thanks for detailing them.

Well, it was my first post. :jumping:
I'll do better.... after i get to my 2,546th i'll get it all right. :naughty:

Bman212121
10-29-07, 10:06 PM
Well, it was my first post. :jumping:
I'll do better.... after i get to my 2,546th i'll get it all right. :naughty:

Welcome aboard. :D