PDA

View Full Version : HOLY VAMPIRE LOVE!

|MaguS|
02-02-07, 08:44 AM
PSP is getting a remake of Dracula X (possibly the second best Castlevania) aswell as Symphony of the Night all in one package! **** the X360 version, it looks like ass thanks, give me the SP version anyday... the game is going to look so dam sexy on that small screen.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156915

ENU291
02-02-07, 08:49 AM
Well I wouldn't say **** the Xbox360 version but I'd definitely get it on the PSP instead of the 360. Portable Castlevania FTFW! ;)

|MaguS|
02-02-07, 08:53 AM
Well I wouldn't say **** the Xbox360 version but I'd definitely get it on the PSP instead of the 360. Portable Castlevania FTFW! ;)

Have you seen the screenshots of the X360 version? Looks like ****, **** it. Hell, It's not even widescreen for the X360...

Look at this blurry mess...
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6586/castlevaniasymphonyofthgz4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

raystorm
02-02-07, 08:54 AM
I don't have a psp so I'm disappointed that the Drac X remake (and original) is there instead of a home console or xbla but thats ok. My brother has a psp and I'll make him buy it! :D The videos are from a very early version so I'm sure things will get even better.

Bad_Boy
02-02-07, 08:55 AM
I never was much a fan of CV but the video on gamevideos looks pretty cool. I'll keep my eyes on this one.

ENU291
02-02-07, 08:59 AM
Wow... I guess SOMEONE woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!!! :D

Bad_Boy
02-02-07, 09:40 AM
:p Joking aside. I never said I dislike it, I've actually only played it once, and that was manyyears ago. :o

Zelda_fan
02-02-07, 11:05 AM
Meanwhile the DS is owning Castlevania....

Ninjaman09
02-02-07, 11:24 AM
Jesus...might I actually consider buying a PSP now? Dracula X is so good...and a well-done SOTN remake...arggggg

edit: Watched a gameplay video of the remade Rondo...yeah...I'm gonna have to buy this.

Namrok
02-02-07, 11:47 AM
Yay, another port/remake/scaled down console game for a handheld *yawn*.

I donno, call me jaded, but I expect two fundamentally different experiences from handhelds and consoles. I think Nintendo understands that and Sony doesn't. Probably why I've been playing Elite Beat Agents almost exclusively these days.

Ninjaman09
02-02-07, 12:06 PM
Rondo of Blood was never commercially available in the US...you either had to import it and play it on an imported system or download it and play it on an emulator.

I suppose only fans of the series can get excited about this, but frankly I'm all about a remake of what is probably the best game in the series.

LiquidX
02-02-07, 12:19 PM
This is great news though I have gotten so used to playing Castlevania's on Gameboy that I may have preferred it being announced for DS. Great news however.

NaitoSan
02-02-07, 05:20 PM
It does look good but not going to get it. I sold my PSP recently. Still not worth it for me. I never actually play handheld. I'm getting 360 one, and yeah it looks like it's using supereagle mode or something. Hopefully they have option to turn that filter off. I rather play clean 2x scale mode.

Really it doesn't matter, I have a real copy of Dracula X (god that was expensive and rare) SOTN so I can always play it on PS2/3 (of course, not Dracula X but with emulator). :)

buffbiff21
02-04-07, 11:27 PM
qft!

dude i have simons quest, IN ITS BOX still!

Symphony of the night was my all time favorite, with Dracula X in second. DX is going for a GRIP on ebay! I dont htink i can part with it though.
to be honest, i liked the PS2 ones also. :o

SHNAP i just checked, SOTN is goin for a grip too!!

SH0DAN
02-05-07, 12:58 AM
My first exprience with what turned into CV was table top d&d in 84.Loved it then and thought the consolized versions didnt do the old pen and paper versions justice,IMHO.I of course am talking about Ravenloft.I remember vividly talking to my play groups back then,about how the orient had stolen/borrowed heavily from tracy and company.I still have my 1st ed modules.

Spartan 117
02-05-07, 09:52 PM
hehe, glad I got my custom fm for this

3.03oe-c

and now that 3.10 was decrypted, I will enjoy my PS1 ISO's along with the latest PSP ISO's :p

Bad_Boy
02-05-07, 10:20 PM
seriously. (lee63) :thumbdwn:

marqmajere
02-06-07, 01:37 AM
This looks really cool, but not enough for me to buy the psp just yet. I have the original DX and SotN, not to mention I'd like to DL it to my 360. If the PSP comes down in price, I may have to pick this one up.