PDA

View Full Version : Dominator fan

TonyM16
02-02-07, 11:05 AM
I have the PC2 8888 c4 memory , it came with the airflow fan. I also have the coolermaster 830 case. With this case I can have a 120mm fan on the side directly on top of the memory. there is even an exhaust at the top.

My question is , with this cooling is there any need for the dommy fan? I will be overclocking and the 120mm fans are slow spinning but powerful Noctuas (1200rpm). I find the airflow fan very loud, which is why I am even considering this. At the same I don't want to risk overheating the kit. Opinions please?

LORD-eX-Bu
02-02-07, 11:32 AM
if you end up not using the dominator fan I'd gladly buy it from you:D

there are a number of memory coolers out there, they look pretty nuts. Corsair says the fans are necessary but if you have some crazy cooling on it already I doubt you'd need the dominator fan.

Roadhog
02-02-07, 11:42 AM
ive got one on my OCZ ram and it works good.

Xion X2
02-02-07, 12:31 PM
You must have the hearing of a police dog if you can hear the Dominator fan while it's running--especially with 4 120mm fans on the side of your case. I thought it was silent as a mouse.

Roadhog
02-02-07, 12:35 PM
You must have the hearing of a police dog if you can hear the Dominator fan while it's running--especially with 4 120mm fans on the side of your case. I thought it was silent as a mouse.

it makes a high pitched whine.

TonyM16
02-02-07, 12:55 PM

Yep it makes a high pitched sound. I only have two fans on the side. Because of the tuniq tower and my psu's stiff pciX cables I can't physically fit any more. So one over the gpu and one over the memory. They are ultra silent ones. The case is silent except for the psu and the small chipset fan and dommy fan. I have never tried Ntune, but perhaps I will give that a go to setup the fans at a low speed (the bios doesn't work for me ).

Roadhog
02-02-07, 02:03 PM
Yep it makes a high pitched sound. I only have two fans on the side. Because of the tuniq tower and my psu's stiff pciX cables I can't physically fit any more. So one over the gpu and one over the memory. They are ultra silent ones. The case is silent except for the psu and the small chipset fan and dommy fan. I have never tried Ntune, but perhaps I will give that a go to setup the fans at a low speed (the bios doesn't work for me ).

If it works for Xion, it has to be EXACTLY the same for everyone else, you should know that by now. :rolleyes:

TonyM16
02-02-07, 03:02 PM
Are you talking about ntune of the bios smart fan?

Amuro
02-02-07, 10:41 PM
I'm not using mine. It's too close to the top video card and might short something out.

mullet
02-02-07, 11:14 PM
-LORD-eX-Bu']if you end up not using the dominator fan I'd gladly buy it from you:D

there are a number of memory coolers out there, they look pretty nuts. Corsair says the fans are necessary but if you have some crazy cooling on it already I doubt you'd need the dominator fan.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835704001