PDA

View Full Version : Is Vista (premium) worth getting for me? Hows it's compatibility

rHy0
02-02-07, 12:17 PM
See system in sig. As you can see i have not got a dx10 card right now and probly will not be buying one till 2 months at least. I am currently running XP and am dying to try vista but will i see a benifit in my situation? Most importantly will Vista be better or at least as good (compatible) with current and upcoming dx9 games? I especially want to run STALKER well when i get it next month on release, so is it better for me to stick with XP for that, incase vista doesnt go well with it? I mean would i get worse performance than if i was using xp? Or should vista be fine? If i do buy it I will probly get the Premium (OEM) version.

Thanks.

Dual Core Joe
02-02-07, 05:27 PM
I bought Ulitmate from Amazon for 379.00. Yes it's a lot of money, but Ive always believed in paying for something that I use alot. That said, Im running 64bit and I have had zero problems so far. Yes a few programs dont run, but they arent significant programs anyway. Im very happy with this so far.