PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout coming to PS3!

|MaguS|
02-02-07, 09:35 PM
We all knew it would one day but its not official, the game is already in development and will be coming to the Playstation 3 soon. I so can't wait, especially after how awsome the PSP version was, I can only expect another Wipeout XL on the system!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/760/760828p1.html

Arioch
02-02-07, 09:43 PM
Wipeout was one of my favorite games on the Playstation - I hope it turns out good.

SeriTonin
02-02-07, 10:15 PM
Dude, I'll forever disagree with you about XL having better music or race tracks than 3, but I respect your a wipeout fan. :)

That said, after the awesome psp version, I hope the trend continues on PS3...that ps2 version was awful.

I really hope it ends up on 360 eventually, hate to buy a console for this one game, but now that I think about it, doesn't an in house development team for Sony make this game now? Might be an exclusive ip. Sh*t.....

Bad_Boy
02-02-07, 10:33 PM
Yeah I knew about this a while ago (sometime in 06), not trying to brag or anything. Don't be surprised if it ends up being a 1080p(and/or)60fps game.

I really hope it ends up on 360 eventually, hate to buy a console for this one game, but now that I think about it, doesn't an in house development team for Sony make this game now? Might be an exclusive ip. Sh*t.....
Yeah wipeout is owned by Sony. IIRC theres a rumor they are using the PS3 F1 championship engine for Wipeout PS3.

|MaguS|
02-02-07, 10:35 PM

Sony owned the IP since they acquired Psygnosis (late 1998), The team has been the same mainly still that shows that Sony didn't screw the pooch when they bought them. They were rebranded as Sony Studio Liverpool.

Man, I hope they make a Colony Wars!

Bad_Boy
02-02-07, 10:46 PM
Heres the (june 2006) link about it. A new wipeout for psp is also in the works.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/716/716049p1.html

Marvel_us
02-02-07, 10:57 PM
Good job Sony, keep em comin.

S.I.N
02-03-07, 02:29 AM
Now this is a game the sixaxis was built for.