PDA

View Full Version : LOW FRAMES ON F.E.A.R WITH VISTA!!

mminguela
02-02-07, 08:35 PM
Hi, when I try to play FEAR on vista, I get crazy low frame rates. On XP MCE, I was getting like 155fps @ 1680x1050res., and everything ran smooth as silk. Now on Vista, I struggle to get 19FPS! Shouldn't happen on my setup. I noticed when I put all the options on default, it runs fine. When I change the options at all, the frames drop to 19. Anyone have this same problem?? Also, Call of Duty 2 doesn't work, it just shows a white screen when the game loads. I have 100.59 drivers.

nekrosoft13
02-02-07, 08:42 PM
me too ;)

Bman212121
02-03-07, 01:04 AM
Hi, when I try to play FEAR on vista, I get crazy low frame rates. On XP MCE, I was getting like 155fps @ 1680x1050res., and everything ran smooth as silk. Now on Vista, I struggle to get 19FPS! Shouldn't happen on my setup. I noticed when I put all the options on default, it runs fine. When I change the options at all, the frames drop to 19. Anyone have this same problem?? Also, Call of Duty 2 doesn't work, it just shows a white screen when the game loads. I have 100.59 drivers.

I'll install COD2 right now and check it out. As for fear, your still geting more FPS than I could on xp 64 bit. Never figured out what was causing the slowdowns.

EDIT: Just stuck in the DVD and noticed that the autorun for COD2 shows up that "this program has known issues with Vista" in reference to the flash intro. I've had it before where I could use the autorun before, but that was in xp. I already have the latest adobe, and it did launch just fine.

For COD2, it doesn't want to work running in DX9 mode, even if you patch it. If you force it to DX7, the game works just fine, and the frames are okay. I'll see if I can get DX9 running.

EDIT 2: Okay, The culprit is shadows and soften smoke edges. Turn both of those off and you should be all set. BTW, can't complain here about FPS. I'm playing MP with 19 x 12 4xAA 16xAF everything on minus shadows and soften smoke edges, getting between 70 - 90 fps just running around an MP map. One more thing though, I swear this game has that stuttering feeling like pre AMD patch days. I'm going to run to AMD and see if you can get the processor driver and optimizer for vista.

Lfctony
02-03-07, 03:34 AM
COD2 works fine with everything set on max except with 4x AA. When I have 4x enabled, I get a grey screen. 2x works fine. What I did was leave it 2x ingame and enhance it with 4x outside the game. Then I get 4xAA without problems, everything on max.

Bman212121
02-03-07, 03:48 AM
COD2 works fine with everything set on max except with 4x AA. When I have 4x enabled, I get a grey screen. 2x works fine. What I did was leave it 2x ingame and enhance it with 4x outside the game. Then I get 4xAA without problems, everything on max.

Interesting... Do the shadows show up properly?

Lfctony
02-03-07, 03:55 AM
Yep, just fine. :)