PDA

View Full Version : Swiftech H20-220 APEX Ultra+

SebC
02-03-07, 07:43 AM
I'm looking at the Swiftech H20-220 APEX Ultra+
Details: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-021-SW

I don't know much about watercooling so I need to ask a few questions:

Are parts interchangable? Ie. If I get some kind of new proccessor on a new socket in the future, would there be new parts I could fit onto this kit so I don't have to buy another kit? And if so, are the these products standardised so different parts from different manufacturers can all work together?

Has anyone here experienced problems with it at all? Like leaking or not being able to fit it into their case?

Do you think it's worth the 200? I mean is watercooling substantially cooler than air?

balex99
02-04-07, 10:14 PM
All of the parts of that system are interchangeable. The kit comes with brackets to fit most cpus, 939, AM2, 775 and so on. Even if something comes along later, you can just buy another cpu, gpu, MB block.

I think water is substantially better than air at cooling. It just comes down to how much cooling you need. If you are not overclocking than I would say that it is not worth it. If I stayed at default clocks on my E6600 my system would be extremely quiet and cool with my P180B case. But since I cannot keep away from the OCing bug, I am looking into liquid cooling.

Be sure to do your research on the kit that you want. Make sure that you have a reasonalbe idea on how the routing will go in your case. You may find that the kit your looking at will cause you problems with space when installing.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.