PDA

View Full Version : Vista + Ntune

gulizard
02-03-07, 11:34 AM
I know there is issues with the 8800 cards in vista. So far I have yet to have one problem. However I am having a problem when I install Ntune for vista x64 bit. I can no longer open the control panel. As soon as I uninstall it the control panel works fine.

Anyway to fix this?

fatal1ty
02-03-07, 11:42 AM
I know there is issues with the 8800 cards in vista. So far I have yet to have one problem.

I would say this is a problem...Ntune doesnt let you overclock in Vista anyways, just wait until they fix ntune.

gulizard
02-03-07, 11:59 AM
I would say this is a problem...Ntune doesnt let you overclock in Vista anyways, just wait until they fix ntune.

Well I don't plan on overclocking in vista anyway. I don't like the fan levels. If I want to heat my house i'd leave it at stock, but I'd prefer to run it at 79% :).

Nvidia being silly and all don't allow you to do this without ntune software. Since O/Cing don't save I guess the fan setting wouldn't either :(

A.Wesker
02-03-07, 12:08 PM
I know there is issues with the 8800 cards in vista. So far I have yet to have one problem. However I am having a problem when I install Ntune for vista x64 bit. I can no longer open the control panel. As soon as I uninstall it the control panel works fine.

Anyway to fix this?

right click on nTune --> Compatibility --> run @ administrator

RanCorX2
02-03-07, 01:39 PM
can some move this into the ntune thread? & would it be possible to have a thread for discussing ntune?

GitDat
03-06-07, 06:34 PM
Anyone else getting random blue screens when NTune is installed with 101.41 Beta drivers? It sucks because I use NTune to crank my fan to 100% to keep this 8800 GTX cool when gaming. Are there any other programs with fan control that work with Vista yet?

tomb18
03-06-07, 06:53 PM
right click on nTune --> Compatibility --> run @ administrator

Ok, have you actually done this? On 32 bit or 64 bit?

Dragunov
03-07-07, 03:30 PM
well, it doesn't work completely like it should, so gonna wait till a real update for Vista :)

Blacklash
03-07-07, 03:49 PM
Edit: Nm. Brain fart. That worked under Vista 32 bit.