PDA

View Full Version : G15 owners

TonyM16
02-03-07, 01:20 PM
Hi, I just bought a Logitech G15 keyboard. I wasn't to sure about it at first , as the internet pictures didn't look that good. However those pics did not do it justice. It is a very nice looking keyboard and feels great.

My question is what kinds of things can I REALLY do with the lcd panel and how is it done? I understand that you can display game info, is that a real feature? Or is it only compatible with like one game or something like the PhysX card. There is no manual with the keyboard although there may be one on the cd. In the past I have never used the Logitech cd's as they were never needed to use a mouse or keyboard. Is that still the case? I also bought a G5 , can I not install the cd stuff there aswell?

DiscipleDOC
02-03-07, 01:56 PM
I got that same keyboard, and I play bf2142......it shows the status on the lcd. I also have PC Wizard 2007, and I get a complete readout on the temp, cpu/ram settings, and much more.

Go to G15 forums (http://www.g15mods.com/) and check it out.

firehawk
02-03-07, 02:09 PM
can you program every key with the g15?

i was thinking of getting one but not if i cant program every key and set it to a profile.

Spartan 117
02-03-07, 02:17 PM
hmm, not sure, but I know you can prgram teh keys on teh left side for gaming and quickly switch them with the M1/M2/M3 buttons and such, teh G15 forums would provide better answers :)

DiscipleDOC
02-03-07, 03:47 PM
can you program every key with the g15?

i was thinking of getting one but not if i cant program every key and set it to a profile.

You have 18 keys on the left that can be programmed for sure. You can also set up a profile to have different functions for different games. The M1, M2, and M3 buttons are used for different profiles.

nrdstrm
02-03-07, 04:43 PM
Lots of games are starting to support the G15...Heck even Vanguard has minor support for it!

TonyM16
02-03-07, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys. I installed the software on the cd and now have time (with a date aswell, very nice, I think this is the most useful feature along with the system monitor), system monitor and a stopwatch lol. Would love to get something for either Oblivion, Gothic 3, Neverwinter Nights 2, Sims 2 to name but a few. Doesn't seem to be any in the G15 forum.

Jon
02-03-07, 06:13 PM
Grab lcd studio:

http://www.lcdstudio.com/

Works for G15 and lets you create your own displays using system info, graphics, whatever you like.

retsam
02-04-07, 04:43 AM
the only thing i dont like about this keyboard is the size of the keys. i feel like you need to have the fingers of a girl to use this keyboard.

radekhulan
02-04-07, 07:59 AM
Get SirReal's multipurpose G15 plugin and disable all Logitech ones, it covers all this:

http://www.g15forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1925

* Customizable display of weekday, date and time.
* Shows number of unread mails as icons (max 5) (if your mail client supports it)
* Displays CPU usage (supports up to four CPU's, both Intel and AMD).
* Shows the memory load.
* Shows inbound (top) and outbound (bottom) network traffic volume
* Shows network inbound/outbound network load over the last ten seconds, and/or total data sent and received.
* World clock with daylight savings support and user selectable time zones
* Speaker switcher, switch between speakers and headphones with a click
* Displays sound volume and speakers muted status
* Stopwatch with lap time (click to start/lap, long-click to reset/stop)
* TeamSpeak2 integration:
* WinAMP integration: Shows new song name when song changes. Shows remaining play time and average bitrate. Click to re-display current song.
* Foobar2000: supports the WinAMP spam component.
* FRAPS integration: Shows the current FPS.
* SpeedFan integration: Shows user selectable values from SpeedFan (temperatures, fan speeds, voltages).
* iTunes integration: Shows new song name when song changes. Shows remaining play time and average bitrate. Click to re-display current song.

einstein_314
02-04-07, 03:55 PM
the only thing i dont like about this keyboard is the size of the keys. i feel like you need to have the fingers of a girl to use this keyboard.
:wtf: Really? Do you have like...ogre hands? :D I never noticed they were smaller than normal... Oh or are you referring to the programmable G keys? Because they are smaller (height wise anyways).

But I do love this keyboard. I love the smooth action of the keys. I actually bought one of the G11 keyboards for my other computer (same as G15 but without the LCD display) and I am dissapointed with it. It's nowhere near as smooth and doesn't feel as solidly built. I would have thought they would be identical with the exception of the LCD. Oh well.

Greasy
02-04-07, 04:45 PM
The latest version of Everest also supports the G15 LCD now too. I have all my temps (including both GPUs) listed while in game.

I have never actually used the G-keys in a game though.. lol

retsam
02-04-07, 04:48 PM
:wtf: Really? Do you have like...ogre hands? :D I never noticed they were smaller than normal... Oh or are you referring to the programmable G keys? Because they are smaller (height wise anyways).

But I do love this keyboard. I love the smooth action of the keys. I actually bought one of the G11 keyboards for my other computer (same as G15 but without the LCD display) and I am dissapointed with it. It's nowhere near as smooth and doesn't feel as solidly built. I would have thought they would be identical with the exception of the LCD. Oh well.
no, im talking about the regular keys, if you have ever used an old time IBM keyboard you know what i mean by these kets being to small.

TonyM16
02-04-07, 05:41 PM
The latest version of Everest also supports the G15 LCD now too. I have all my temps (including both GPUs) listed while in game.

I have never actually used the G-keys in a game though.. lol

Thats really cool. How is that done. Is it just a simple case of installing everest or do I need an applet fro the G15?

TonyM16
02-05-07, 12:28 PM
Like I said Everest ist my fav too.

You have to run Everest in the background, minimized. Everest has a very good LCD customizer, you can create your layout and everything. It works with a plugin for the Logitech Software.

Thanks Slawter. Sorry but where do I get the plugin?

I just played Neverwinter Nights and although the software didn't recognize it during my search for new games (infact it didn't find any of my games!). During play I noticed that the LCD screen was showing lots of really useful info and would even actually say Neverwinter Nights 2. I have never seen anything so cool :D I tried it with my other games but nothing. I iwsh that it would do this in G3 and Oblivion. I would be so happy then. :p

DiscipleDOC
02-05-07, 10:07 PM
Get SirReal's multipurpose G15 plugin and disable all Logitech ones, it covers all this:

http://www.g15forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1925

* Customizable display of weekday, date and time.
* Shows number of unread mails as icons (max 5) (if your mail client supports it)
* Displays CPU usage (supports up to four CPU's, both Intel and AMD).
* Shows the memory load.
* Shows inbound (top) and outbound (bottom) network traffic volume
* Shows network inbound/outbound network load over the last ten seconds, and/or total data sent and received.
* World clock with daylight savings support and user selectable time zones
* Speaker switcher, switch between speakers and headphones with a click
* Displays sound volume and speakers muted status
* Stopwatch with lap time (click to start/lap, long-click to reset/stop)
* TeamSpeak2 integration:
* WinAMP integration: Shows new song name when song changes. Shows remaining play time and average bitrate. Click to re-display current song.
* Foobar2000: supports the WinAMP spam component.
* FRAPS integration: Shows the current FPS.
* SpeedFan integration: Shows user selectable values from SpeedFan (temperatures, fan speeds, voltages).
* iTunes integration: Shows new song name when song changes. Shows remaining play time and average bitrate. Click to re-display current song.
This is by far the best little program that I've seen for this keyboard. I've installed it today, and I am amazed at how simple/easy it is to use. Thanks.

Yessy2952
02-06-07, 11:13 PM
Hey how much is the G15 retail? On ebay it's around 50 buck pretty cheap if you ask me...
I might even buy one :p

DiscipleDOC
02-06-07, 11:40 PM
Hey how much is the G15 retail? On ebay it's around 50 buck pretty cheap if you ask me...
I might even buy one :p
$59.99-$99 bucks (http://nvnews.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=11165862/search=g15)

Spartan 117
02-06-07, 11:52 PM
I like mine, I use LCD Studio to customize it :)

Yessy2952
02-07-07, 12:32 AM
$59.99-$99 bucks (http://nvnews.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=11165862/search=g15)
You see? Thats why I just love Ebay! I save my moneys lol