PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party Apps....

$n][pErMan
02-03-07, 12:47 PM
Has anyone found any 3rd party apps that will overclock a video card and also control the fan speed? This is really the only thing keeping me from booting to Vista on a regular basis. I have tried nTune (which wants to underclock my card in vista and the fan control does not work). I am using the 100.59 driver set.

Buckeye
02-03-07, 01:36 PM
Same here, waiting for GPU fan speed adjustments. Auto or manual, anything :(

fatal1ty
02-03-07, 03:11 PM
no 3rd party apps works for the cards in vista. Something with the DRM not going to be able to ever run OC or fan unless it's the drivers. dunno if ntune will even be able to do it.

I finally overclocked my GPU with NiBiTor and NV flash and gave up on software overclocking in Vista. Works great and now I dont need to worry about 3rd party apps or software to OC ever again. - I know you guys are talking fan control but I dont think anything other than ntune or direct in the drivers will have control of those things with Vista.

$n][pErMan
02-03-07, 05:31 PM
no 3rd party apps works for the cards in vista. Something with the DRM not going to be able to ever run OC or fan unless it's the drivers. dunno if ntune will even be able to do it.

I finally overclocked my GPU with NiBiTor and NV flash and gave up on software overclocking in Vista. Works great and now I dont need to worry about 3rd party apps or software to OC ever again. - I know you guys are talking fan control but I dont think anything other than ntune or direct in the drivers will have control of those things with Vista.
I hope your wrong because if I have no software control of my fans or overclocks it will be a cold day in hell before I use Vista for games. And seeing as I got it for free its no loss IMO :p If anyone finds anything post it here ;) I acctually got Expertool (from gainward) to overclock my videocard a few times.... but for some reason its stopped working now... and I still never had fan control :( :thumbdwn:

fatal1ty
02-03-07, 07:34 PM
[pErMan']I hope your wrong because if I have no software control of my fans or overclocks it will be a cold day in hell before I use Vista for games. And seeing as I got it for free its no loss IMO :p If anyone finds anything post it here ;) I acctually got Expertool (from gainward) to overclock my videocard a few times.... but for some reason its stopped working now... and I still never had fan control :( :thumbdwn:

From what I've read Im not wrong.

jAkUp
02-03-07, 09:55 PM
There will be updated drivers soon that will allow you to OC in Ntune.

There is absolutely no way right now to OC your graphics card in Vista via software.

fatal1ty
02-03-07, 10:55 PM
There will be updated drivers soon that will allow you to OC in Ntune.

There is absolutely no way right now to OC your graphics card in Vista via software.

Yea, but I've read that will be the ONLY way to OC. Third party apps will NOT be able to control clock speeds.

I flashed mine to 650/2Ghz/1512 shader already so I dont have to worry about software OC anymore.