PDA

View Full Version : Locked at 60Fps after Vista Install Help!

Pages : [1] 2

xXxDieselxXx
02-03-07, 01:55 PM
Hi Guys,

After installing Vista, all looking great but I won't go over 60FPS in every game I run.. I know it's somehow locked at 60Fps.

BTW I'm using :
ForceWare 100.59 Beta with a 8800GTS card.

Any advice?
I used to unlock FPS in XP but I can't with Vista :(

fatal1ty
02-03-07, 03:09 PM
Hi Guys,

After installing Vista, all looking great but I won't go over 60FPS in every game I run.. I know it's somehow locked at 60Fps.

BTW I'm using :
ForceWare 100.59 Beta with a 8800GTS card.

Any advice?
I used to unlock FPS in XP but I can't with Vista :(

Force vsync off in the drivers.

Make sure your desktop res isn't set to 60 Hz in the drivers also.

xXxDieselxXx
02-03-07, 03:35 PM
Vsync is Off and it hits 60Fps in all the games I run.. I'm talking about a perfect 60 Limit. For Battlestations Midway, R6:Vegas, BF2 and CS:S

All the games capped at 60 Fps... I guess time to install older drivers.

I'm forced to use 60Hz since that's what the LCD Monitor is limited to. I was wondering someone was experiencing this.. it seems like capped at flat out 60 Fps. It won't even go 61Fps it just goes there.

fatal1ty
02-03-07, 04:41 PM
Vsync is Off and it hits 60Fps in all the games I run.. I'm talking about a perfect 60 Limit. For Battlestations Midway, R6:Vegas, BF2 and CS:S

All the games capped at 60 Fps... I guess time to install older drivers.

I'm forced to use 60Hz since that's what the LCD Monitor is limited to. I was wondering someone was experiencing this.. it seems like capped at flat out 60 Fps. It won't even go 61Fps it just goes there.

I just picked up battlestations midway today, had about 8 mins to play cause my kids are nuts today. Seems to be pretty cool, what are your thoughts about it so far?

xXxDieselxXx
02-03-07, 07:21 PM
I just picked up battlestations midway today, had about 8 mins to play cause my kids are nuts today. Seems to be pretty cool, what are your thoughts about it so far?

I find the game amazing fun... but it's a love or hate for some people. At first I was about to delete the demo the first few minutes I played.. but once you get to know the controls...and the mechanics of the game... it can be very fun.. I find very fun the submarine.. I love to sneak under battleships and torpedo the heck out of them :)

BTW:

A little update...
I got the problem resolved. Vista was using a generic monitor driver. I went to the monitor maker (NEC) Web site and downloaded the monitor drivers. Once I installed the drivers things got back in business...

Thanks for your help...

AdamK47
02-03-07, 11:49 PM
vsync is b0rked with Vista drivers

fatal1ty
02-04-07, 08:25 AM
vsync is b0rked with Vista drivers

He wasnt trying to enable it anyways. Maybe with the right monitor drivers it would work right?

AdamK47
02-04-07, 02:26 PM
Force on and force off are both broken.

Q
02-04-07, 02:30 PM
Force on and force off are both broken.

Glad it wasn't just me.

MaxyPads
02-04-07, 07:21 PM
Yes, using 100.59 drivers in Vista and the frame vsync is broken. In NFSCarbon, the damn frame rate is locked. You cannot force it off even in the nvidia control panel. With SC:Double Agent, the framerate is not locked.

DRen72
02-05-07, 10:02 AM
I still use a CRT and like to run games at 85Hz. Unfortunately I can't set the refresh rate manually in Vista. Anyone know how? I'm stuck at 60Hz.

Meusa
02-06-07, 03:25 AM
I am having the same issue. My monitor drivers were installed via Windows Update but it doesnt seem to have fixed it.

duncanthrax
02-07-07, 02:17 PM
They (MS) removed the refresh rate fix option in DXDiag, but setting the registry key manually still works:

Add a DWORD key:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DirectDraw\ForceRefreshRat e

and set it to your desired refresh rate (remember to use decimal input).

duncanthrax
02-07-07, 02:18 PM
They (MS) removed the refresh rate fix option in DXDiag, but setting the registry key manually still works:

Add the DWORD key "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DirectDraw\ForceRefreshRat e"

DRen72
02-07-07, 11:19 PM

Add the DWORD key "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DirectDraw\ForceRefreshRat e"

Thanks Dude, that worked!

Meusa
02-08-07, 03:41 AM
What about fixing the locked vsync, there has to be away around that?

DRen72
02-08-07, 01:04 PM
What about fixing the locked vsync, there has to be away around that?

I think as xXxDieselxXx said, that would be related to the monitor driver.

Shocky
02-08-07, 01:34 PM
I think as xXxDieselxXx said, that would be related to the monitor driver.

Nope, thats due to nvidias drivers.

strang
02-13-07, 01:19 PM
I dont get why some people insists on vsync off. I myself hate the tearing. Vsync + TB is king.

AdamK47
02-14-07, 12:05 PM
It's very simple people. Monitor drivers control the refresh rate. Video drivers control the vsync. Vsync controls the frames delivered at given refresh rate.

Shocky
02-14-07, 02:00 PM
I dont get why some people insists on vsync off. I myself hate the tearing. Vsync + TB is king.

Tearing isnt always noticable even at 60hz, i'd rather have mild tearing then my framerate locked at 60fps with drops to 30fps occationally with extreme mouse lag. :thumbdwn:

Bokishi
02-19-07, 04:35 AM
And there is a noticeable difference between 60 and 100+ frames, especially with mouse movement.

Princess_Frosty
02-19-07, 06:07 AM
Otherwise known as vsync, it's on somehow be it at driver level or application level.

If both are off then you have a bad driver install or there is a bug with vysnc with them particular drivers.

Shocky
02-19-07, 11:13 AM
Otherwise known as vsync, it's on somehow be it at driver level or application level.

If both are off then you have a bad driver install or there is a bug with vysnc with them particular drivers.

Yay for stating the obvious.. :headexplode:

AdamK47
02-19-07, 03:22 PM

We've already established that there is a problem with the driver forcing vsync on and off. A high level overview of possible situations where it may not be working is far behind us.