PDA

View Full Version : Motherboard crapping out... :(

sirplayalot
02-03-07, 11:17 PM
Well my P5NSLI mobo is dying on me! My PC restarts atleast 3 or 4 times a day, randomly...while browsing the net, playing a game or watching a movie...it just freezes for a bit and then restarts after about 20 seconds. I know its the motherboard because since it started happening i've gotten a new PSU, new video card, tested both sticks of ram with memtest86 with 0 errors. I have never RMA'ed anything to ASUS, anyone have expierience?

Mr Bigman
02-03-07, 11:22 PM
The original? There were alot of problems with the P5NSLI Or 32SLI.

ASUS pulled the board from their product line and replaced it with the SE and Premium. Much better boards and support new cpu's.

I regreted buying the board withough checking it out first.

sirplayalot
02-03-07, 11:26 PM
The original? There were alot of problems with the P5NSLI Or 32SLI.

ASUS pulled the board from their product line and replaced it with the SE and Premium. Much better boards and support new cpu's.

I regreted buying the board withough checking it out first.

How do you think they will repair mine? I would love to just get a new board all together but it states in their RMA email that it is a repair service and not a replacment service...I wonder if ZipZoomFly will do something for me if I call them up...

Roadhog
02-04-07, 02:04 AM
How do you think they will repair mine? I would love to just get a new board all together but it states in their RMA email that it is a repair service and not a replacment service...I wonder if ZipZoomFly will do something for me if I call them up...

Asus will replace it with a brand new board.

Dazz
02-04-07, 05:58 AM
Thats what they tend to do if they can't repair the problem i.e flash BIOS clear battery, resolder etc.

Dazz
02-04-07, 10:42 AM
I know with mine i thought it was the motherboard have tried everything works fine yet doesnt?

E4300 @ 3200MHz
2GB PC6400C4 Dominator memory
ASUS P5N32-E SLi

now everything plays fine BUT, it seems it's my memory, it's rated for 2.1v, 800MHz 4/4/4/12/T2 yet it will not do this and have tried both modules. Now i guess it could be the board but it works fine @ 1.9v 800MHz 5/5/5/12/T2. Now Memtest says they are fine even at 4/4/4/12/T2, even Battlefield 2 works and all the 3D Marks, but Supreme Commander crashes tried everything even running the CPU @ 1800MHz as it's rated but Supremecommander is a memory hog it will use the whole 2GB and then ask for the hardrive to give it memory. I have tried it in single, and dual channel diffrent slots everything. Benchmarks and everything pass at CAS4. Works fine with Supreme commander at CAS5 however. Very strange. I have been carring out these tests for SEVEN VERY LONG DAYS with atleast 8 hours a day have only been having 4 hours sleep a day. I just don't know what to blame, the board or the memory. I don't have enough money to buy an otherboard JUST for testing.