PDA

View Full Version : TV out - borders at top and bottom

theslug
02-04-07, 01:13 AM
I'm trying to use TV out with a 4:3 TV and I keep getting thin black bars on the top and bottom of the screen, so everything is scrunched slightly. The resolution being outputted from the computer is 1024x768 @ 60hz. In the Nvidia drivers I see ways to reposition the screen and zoom in and out, but nothing along the lines of stretching it either horizontally or vertically. I tried TVTool but with no luck. Does anyone know of a program or a particular version of the drivers (either nvidia or 3rd party) that will let me stretch vertically?

This is with the 84.21 drivers on XP SP2.

Thanks

alucard_x
02-05-07, 07:11 PM
use media player classic or zoomplayer. they have controls that can do what you want.

in MPC it's mapped to the numpad, you can zoom, or stretch horiz/vert

wwec
02-05-07, 07:45 PM
Pretty annoying isn't it. I've had it since NVidia went with the silly MV chip.

Only way you can remove them is to put crazy overscan on, and miss a chunk of the left and right of the screen. Might be ok for video content, but useless for desktop functionality.

I also have to manually add 10% to the height of video content via MPC or the skewy aspect gets to me eventually.

:(

theslug
02-06-07, 07:28 PM
I've been doing something similar to what you all suggested. The problem with overscanning is you still get the wrong aspect ratio for videos. So as a workaround, I overscan so that the picture meets the top and bottom of the screen, thereby cropping the sides, then compensate for that by squeezing the picture using ffdshow's controls. So in the end I get the whole picture and correct aspect ratio anyway.

Thanks for the tip on media player classic..I had no idea it had a built-in way of resizing the picture.