PDA

View Full Version : wii classic controller or gamecube wavebird controller

tornadog
02-05-07, 11:27 AM
I have never played any of the gamecube games. Now looking to try some of the best that was on it. WHich games do you recommend? Also which of the 2 controllers is suited for playing gamecube games on the wii??

saturnotaku
02-05-07, 11:32 AM
For Cube games, use the Cube controller. For some reason, I couldn't get a Wavebird to work properly, so I had to pick up a wired one. That sucks because the cord is too short, but you can buy extensions on Fleabay for cheap.

If you want to play Virtual Console games, get the Classic controller. It works surprisingly well for every game I've tried.

tornadog
02-05-07, 11:47 AM
you couldnt get the wavebird to work with the wii?? how long is the cord for the wired controller?

thor1182
02-05-07, 12:01 PM
short, I mean really, who makes cords that short anymore? I think the cords are like 4 feet or so.

zoomy942
02-05-07, 12:11 PM
the classic controller is the way to go. i have 2 of them

tornadog
02-05-07, 12:18 PM
I dont care abt the games on the VC for now. All I want to try are the huge cache of GC games that a friend owns

Lyme
02-05-07, 01:14 PM
I'm currently using a wired gamecube controller, I'd go with the wavebird myself. I'm thinking of getting one today, my wii is at least 15ft from where I sit.

Am_I_Evil
02-05-07, 02:49 PM
the classic controller is the way to go. i have 2 of them

except for the fact that he wants to play Gamecube games....and the classic controller doesn't work for those...

and the wavebird does work on the wii...i would say to get that....

nemecb
02-05-07, 05:13 PM
As mentioned before the Classic won't work with GC games, so that's easy enough to answer. Personally I like my wavebird and having the classic controller tethered to the wiimote would drive me nuts. I can't see myself ever getting a classic because it's only necessary to play Sega and TG virtual console games, I don't see myself buying a ton of vc games, and I didn't have either of those systems so there's no sentimental value to them for me anyway.

Lyme
02-06-07, 01:51 PM
picking up a wavebird controller today for mario 64 on the wii.

On a side note, I've decided that in comparision between the wireless controller syncing between the 360 and the wii, the 360 syncs the controllers much better than the wii does. My defnintion of Syncing in this case would be picking up the controller and doing whatever to use it with the unit. I've found that sometimes it is hit and miss with the Wii registering the controller.

Parts
02-06-07, 02:01 PM
I got a wavebird a few weeks ago to play the metroid games I never got a chance to before.... no rumble but because of it you get good battery life, recommended!..... plus if you do get VC games it seems compatible with like 95% of them. So its better value in the long run imo.

nemecb
02-06-07, 02:10 PM
On a side note, I've decided that in comparision between the wireless controller syncing between the 360 and the wii, the 360 syncs the controllers much better than the wii does. My defnintion of Syncing in this case would be picking up the controller and doing whatever to use it with the unit. I've found that sometimes it is hit and miss with the Wii registering the controller.
The wiimote? I think once in the two months I've had my Wii has it failed to sync properly. My wavebird has never been a problem.

Lyme
02-06-07, 06:24 PM
I have three wii-motes, and if you try to start the system with a different one than the last used it sometimes will go for a loop. As well starting the system with a low battery thing is annoying too.. the lights just flash, or don't flash.

Don't get me wrong, love playing on my Wii and my 360.. just irritating is all.

nemecb
02-07-07, 01:15 AM
I have three wii-motes, and if you try to start the system with a different one than the last used it sometimes will go for a loop. As well starting the system with a low battery thing is annoying too.. the lights just flash, or don't flash.
Ah, I only have one wiimote (:( Hurry up WiiPlay) so I wouldn't run into that. Never had an issue with low batteries, but I've only had to change them maybe three times so far so I might have just been lucky.

Lyme
02-07-07, 11:59 AM
Got my wavebird yesterday. It works fine when you have the ?dongle? and the controller set to the same freqency. Played a bit of mario 64 on my Wii with it, felt and played just like the wired controller.
Also received my component cable for the Wii from play-asia http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-5a7w-71-10z-49-en-84-j-70-1rch.html the picture for the Wii is noticable improved in 480p. On the downside the cable is only around 8' long and I would have preferred 10'