PDA

View Full Version : Killzone 2 Demo Soon

Pages : [1] 2

Marvel_us
02-06-07, 03:11 PM
Question is....How close to the CG render will it be?:)

Rumors pointed at the game's intended resurgence at their pre-launch Gamers' Day event last year. Ultimately, if the rumors are to be believed, Sony shelved showing Killzone 2 in favor of spotlighting Insomniac's new shooter franchise (and it will be a franchise) Resistance. The same rumors have pointed to Killzone 2 being much further along than previously expected -- with the apex of the rumor arc concluding that the game has been playable online for almost a year.

Microsoft and Bungie's beta program for Halo 3 is all the rage this Spring. It's garnered countless news stories with its multiple points of entry and even landed a cover in EGM back in November (I expect the beta to be similar but with more weapons and polish to the maps covered in that series of stories).

Expect a playable Killzone 2 demo to be released (hmm, Phil Harrison is keynoting at GDC...) before gamers are participating in the beta for Halo 3.

Okay Sony, we know you've fallen....let's see how high you can bounce back up.

Note: This is a rumor but I wouldn't doubt we will see the game in some form very soon.

|MaguS|
02-06-07, 03:40 PM
When is Sony's Event, I know its soon but anyone know the exact date?

Marvel_us
02-06-07, 03:49 PM
When is Sony's Event, I know its soon but anyone know the exact date?

The one that they usually have in Feb? I remember Bad_Boy said something about a July event but not sure on the Feb one.

Bad_Boy
02-06-07, 03:59 PM
GDC is the only thing I know of (early march), Phil Harrison has a keynote there and hes probably very close to Guerilla so he might talk about them. Theres a rumor of an april Gamers Day type event, but nothing official, just a rumor.

I remember something about them saying we would see killzone sometime in early 2007 about 6 months ago so this kinda goes along with that. Of course I didnt expect a demo, more like media/info.

S.I.N
02-06-07, 07:11 PM
Sweet but Killzone has been so overrated because of that trailer from last year. I didn't find the game all that special.

Riplayne
02-06-07, 08:16 PM
Thats speculation by a guy named Luke Smith from 1up.com. He's a moron, I wouldnt take anything literal he says, in fact, I would bet money that you won't see a Killzone 2 Demo anytime soon, or before the Halo 3 beta.

Bad_Boy
02-07-07, 12:07 AM
Thats speculation by a guy named Luke Smith from 1up.com. He's a moron, I wouldnt take anything literal he says, in fact, I would bet money that you won't see a Killzone 2 Demo anytime soon, or before the Halo 3 beta.
It's funny, Luke is known to be like the biggest Halo fanboy @ 1up (next to world of warcraft).

Toss3
02-07-07, 02:45 AM
Sweet but Killzone has been so overrated because of that trailer from last year. I didn't find the game all that special.
Excuse me for not sticking to the title, but how many hours of gaming does resistance offer(single player campaign)?

Bad_Boy
02-07-07, 03:07 AM
Excuse me for not sticking to the title, but how many hours of gaming does resistance offer(single player campaign)?
Around 10-12 hours singleplayer, then on the 2nd playthrough you can unlock new weapons. I can't even imagine how many hours I've put into MP since launch though.

Bad_Boy
02-07-07, 10:12 AM
Interesting, another site reporting the same thing (that doesnt have 1up as their source)...

Sony will unveil the flagship PS3 shooter next month, plus masses of other new games CVG has learned

The highly-anticipated PlayStation 3 sequel to Guerilla Game's Killzone is to be officially unveiled at next month's GDC, CVG has learned.

Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the flagship Sony shooter will be shown in full glory at the San Francisco event, perhaps even in the form of a playable demo.

As well as its high price point, the PS3 (like most consoles) has faced criticism for a lack of really high profile, compelling games which make it a 'must buy' and the big reveal of Killzone 2 will also form the spearhead for a raft of new PS3 game announcements at the show, which Sony hope will drive PS3 sales through the roof during the European launch and beyond in the big lead up to the all- important Christmas 2007 market.

SCE worldwide studios president Phil Harrison is also due to keynote at the event, which takes place on March 5 to 9.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=157062

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6952758169266208595&q=killzone
Kinda interesting watching these old Killzone 1 demonstrations.
I wonder if that was the first time Killzone1 was ever shown.

Mr. Hunt
02-07-07, 10:39 AM
Hope it is true... I enjoyed Killzone and would love to play the next one.

Lyme
02-07-07, 11:02 AM
The reason Sony has been pimping Killzone and the like, is simply due to high competition in the console space and the relatively few launch titles. While this generally causes interest in the console, it can backfire if used too long to cause disinterest in the title.. take for instance DNF.

Bad_Boy
02-07-07, 11:53 AM
The reason Sony has been pimping Killzone and the like, is simply due to high competition in the console space and the relatively few launch titles. While this generally causes interest in the console, it can backfire if used too long to cause disinterest in the title.. take for instance DNF.
Sony has been pimping Killzone? They havent shown it in almost 2 years...

MustangSVT
02-07-07, 12:41 PM
Regardless of how good the graphics are, I'll wait and see how good the actual game is. Killzone for PS2 was a very ****ty game, sluggish controls, frame rate problems, linear gameplay.

Marvel_us
02-07-07, 01:58 PM
Who best to unveil Killzone 2 then everyone's favorite....Mr. Phil Harrison.:)

If the rumors are true and the game is in good shape then it will give more reason for people to like Phil.

NaitoSan
02-08-07, 05:44 AM
I own Killzone for PS2 and I thought it was pretty fun. I really love the reloading animation. It's like you're actually reloading your weapon yourself! But AI is horrible, bunch of glitches here and there. The level design are pretty cool (earlier level) but god, I hate jungle levels... it's poor done, and japanese garden (I think that's what it's called...?) are also pretty bad.

I didn't get to finish it but maybe I should. :) I hope Killzone 2 turns out not to be one of biggest disappointment.

|MaguS|
02-08-07, 09:57 AM
Killzone was fun online though...

Quickstar
02-08-07, 05:20 PM
I think (and hope) Killzone 2 will use that new animation-physics engine.

Quickstar
02-08-07, 05:29 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/762/762629p1.html

"No, Killzone won't be GDC at all," stated SCEA Manager, Ryan Bowling, in a conversation with IGN held earlier this afternoon. "The time for that game is coming and we'll have new information about it in the future, but not at GDC."

crash and burn....

Marvel_us
02-08-07, 08:27 PM

crash and burn....

Not exactly. The rumor suggested that we would see Killzone before the Halo Beta. It didn't say it would be GDC. So there is still hope.;)

Riplayne
02-08-07, 09:06 PM

crash and burn....

Wierd...:rolleyes:

Quickstar
02-09-07, 02:36 PM
Not exactly. The rumor suggested that we would see Killzone before the Halo Beta. It didn't say it would be GDC. So there is still hope.;)

When is the Halo 3 beta?

Marvel_us
02-09-07, 02:39 PM
Sometime this spring.

OWA
02-12-07, 07:20 PM
If the graphics are good I'll probably get it even though there isn't much of a chance that I'll be able to control it well enough to advance in the game.

Marvel_us
02-12-07, 07:22 PM
If the graphics are good I'll probably get it even though there isn't much of a chance that I'll be able to control it well enough to advance in the game.

Don't defeat yourself! I thought the same way but I can hold my own pretty well in Resistance. Just have to find what settings are best for you. For instance, I don't like it being inverted.