PDA

View Full Version : Rewards coming for Gamerscores!

TiKiMaN1
02-07-07, 03:14 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6165478.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;3

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0205-xboxrewards.htm

Not that I have a fantastic Gamer Score, but this is pretty sweet!(nana2)

Level 1 (registrants with a Gamerscore of less than 5,000)
Prizes for completing challenge: A special gamer picture, Xbox 360 dashboard theme, and the Xbox Live Arcade game Contra.

Level 2 (registrants with a Gamerscore between 5,000 and 9,999)
Prizes for completing challenge: A special gamer picture, Xbox 360 dashboard theme, the Xbox Live Arcade game Contra, 100 Microsoft Points (worth $1.25), and a contest T-shirt.

Level 3 (registrants with a Gamerscore of 10,000 and over)
Prizes for completing challenge: A special gamer picture, Xbox 360 dashboard theme, the Xbox Live Arcade game Contra, 200 Microsoft Points (worth $2.50), a contest T-shirt, and a copy of Fuzion Frenzy 2.

|MaguS|
02-07-07, 03:23 PM
think I have like 10 or something...

These prizes pretty much suck though... ooh MS is giving ya $2.50! WOOOHOOO!

Now how much does Lumines cost again? Oh yea... nm...

S.I.N
02-07-07, 03:26 PM
I actually like the gamerscores for 360 games being that it actually kinds of eggs you on to finish a game or do certain task like in Dead Rising which was awesome but those are some real ****ty prizes.

NaitoSan
02-07-07, 05:09 PM
It's nice that Microsoft is doing this, to encoruage us to play and earn more points as well get more people to use their service. If it's successful, they'll add more stuff or change every month or something. :) That'd be awesome.

J-Mag
02-07-07, 05:26 PM
I am curious does each game for the X360 have it's own maximum achievement points for it? Do they vary from game to game?

toxikneedle
02-07-07, 05:33 PM
I am curious does each game for the X360 have it's own maximum achievement points for it? Do they vary from game to game?
a full game has a limitation of 1000 points. arcade games and the burger king games had 300 points. Some games don't use the full 1000 points but that is usually attributed to them saving points for future expansions or downloadable content.

The only complaint by some people is that a few games let you earn points easily. For example, King Kong lets you get the full 1000 points by simply passing the game on any difficulty. Some games like GRAW will register achievements even if you are using cheats. You can easily get 10,000 points in like a week because there are more than enough games that have easy achievements.

|MaguS|
02-07-07, 05:56 PM
GoW seems to have pretty tough achievement system... I only ulocked 2. :o

J-Mag
02-07-07, 06:00 PM
a full game has a limitation of 1000 points. arcade games and the burger king games had 300 points. Some games don't use the full 1000 points but that is usually attributed to them saving points for future expansions or downloadable content.

The only complaint by some people is that a few games let you earn points easily. For example, King Kong lets you get the full 1000 points by simply passing the game on any difficulty. Some games like GRAW will register achievements even if you are using cheats. You can easily get 10,000 points in like a week because there are more than enough games that have easy achievements.

Hmm thanks for the reply. Essentially you need to buy 1-3games for ~1k points?

Spartan 117
02-07-07, 06:24 PM
GoW seems to have pretty tough achievement system... I only ulocked 2. :o
sh!t, at least you got 2, I got 1 only :thumbdwn:

Halo 3 FTW!!!

I got chosen to be a beta tester for it (im sure lots will when that game, Crackdown comes out)

toxikneedle
02-07-07, 06:40 PM
Hmm thanks for the reply. Essentially you need to buy 1-3games for ~1k points?
arcade yeah, full games are 1k each.

J-Mag
02-07-07, 06:53 PM
arcade yeah, full games are 1k each.

I didn't mean total points I meant possible points for the avg gamer. I would htink most around here are considered "hardcore gamers" and if they are only getting 1 or 2 points out of 1k on gears of war, I am assuming there are some other games where acquiring the points is equally as difficult.

toxikneedle
02-07-07, 07:06 PM
I didn't mean total points I meant possible points for the avg gamer. I would htink most around here are considered "hardcore gamers" and if they are only getting 1 or 2 points out of 1k on gears of war, I am assuming there are some other games where acquiring the points is equally as difficult.
oh yeah on average that's about what you get. what I was talking about earlier is that there are games out there that you can get 1k points in 1 sitting or in around 1-2 days. A lot of sports games especially. I played a large amount of games but never for points and I got around 5k. If you focus on points, you can get em quick.

Arioch
02-07-07, 07:15 PM
Sweet, now I can finally get my black dye tub and dragon statue.

J-Mag
02-07-07, 07:19 PM
If you focus on points, you can get em quick.

So what is needed is a list of easy point games and a membership at your local video game rental store.

Namrok
02-07-07, 08:08 PM
Well, I must admit I'm not terribly interested in the rewards, but hey, free stuff is free stuff. Yeah its blatant marketting, but its not like its a bad idea. Get 1500 gamer points you win an icon/bragging rights and Contra. Contra is supposed to be good...uh...right?

hordaktheman
02-09-07, 11:29 PM
Wow, now I feel special...

The whole achievement system and gamer score offers tons of possibilities yet this is the best they can come up with? How about actually rewarding the people who invest the time and money in the platform to build a high gamer score?

saturnotaku
02-10-07, 08:21 AM
While there are a few games that make it too easy to earn achievements, there are still many others where it's darn near impossible. F.E.A.R. had some really ridiculous ones, so did DOA 4 and DOAX 2. Gears is tough as well. In a lot of games, there are far too many points that have to be unlocked by playing multiplayer. If you're not into that, you're pretty much screwed.

Arioch
02-10-07, 07:21 PM
You end up with a full 1000 points for just beating King Kong and that game is less than 10 hours to beat.

Camp0rz
02-10-07, 08:17 PM

They're talking about number of achievements unlocked. Gears has 1000 "points" but only 46 achievements. (maybe 47 or 48 can't remember)

But anyway.. you get 6 of those 46 by just beating the game on the easiest difficulty. The gear's ones aren't that hard. Some of the multiplayer ones could be, but you can get a lot of points by just doing the campaign ones.

toxikneedle
02-10-07, 08:24 PM
They're talking about number of achievements unlocked. Gears has 1000 "points" but only 46 achievements. (maybe 47 or 48 can't remember)

But anyway.. you get 6 of those 46 by just beating the game on the easiest difficulty. The gear's ones aren't that hard. Some of the multiplayer ones could be, but you can get a lot of points by just doing the campaign ones.
I personally don't have any mp achievements, for any game not just gears, because for some unknown effing reason, they require you to be in ranked servers. As if unranked servers are so much less legit or something.... such BS if you ask me.

Camp0rz
02-11-07, 02:03 AM
Eh.. I used to be crazy into the multi player aspect of gaming, but recently.. I just don't have time for it. If I have an hour to kill then I'll sit down and play a few levels of campaign. I just want to play a game, not dick around with servers and idiots online. So yeah, I'm without any multi ones too.

No biggie.