PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2: Episode 2 Delayed To Fall 2007

Pages : [1] 2

nekrosoft13
02-07-07, 04:56 PM
This press release promotes two different versions of Half-Life 2: Episode 2, but also reveals that the second chapter of Valve's episodic shooter will now be released in fall 2007, a delay from the previously announced summer 2007 release date.
The Black Box will ship for the PC, and includes Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2. The Orange Box will ship for the PC, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, and Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, and includes all the content of The Black Box, plus the original Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode One.

Innovative games included in The Black Box and The Orange Box include:

- Half-Life 2: Episode Two -- the second installment in Valve's episodic trilogy advances the award-winning story, leading the player to new locations outside of City 17.
- Portal -- a pioneering type of single player action game that rewrites the rules for how players approach and manipulate their environment - much like how Half-Life 2's Gravity Gun reinvented the way gamers interact with objects in the game.
- Team Fortress 2 -- an all-new version of the legendary title that spawned team based multiplayer action games. The game's daring new art style features the most advanced graphics of any Source-based game released to date.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=23181

|MaguS|
02-07-07, 04:57 PM
BOOOOOOO

I can wait though, I know I wont be disappointed. Never am with Valve titles.

nekrosoft13
02-07-07, 05:08 PM
/me waits till summer/fall for new announcement about delay till spring ;)

Spartan 117
02-07-07, 05:20 PM
BOOO!!!

I want to play it, but then again, fall=me gettign my 9800 GTX SLI setup :D

stevemedes
02-07-07, 05:49 PM
how does this qualify as episodic? Sam and max is episodic. HL2 episodes are not. Still cant wait for it though, mainly for Team Fortress

crainger
02-07-07, 06:28 PM
I'm with |MagNuS| on this. Valve hasn't let me down so far. Even with the delays.

Speaking of Sam and Max. Ep3 should be out soon :D

Riplayne
02-07-07, 06:34 PM
This is getting rediculous, its because of Xbox and ps3, I gurentee we'd have this out by summer if it wasnt simultaneos

SH0DAN
02-07-07, 08:57 PM
Great more delays because of consoles..... :( No,I have NO proof,but,its not that much of a leap of logic...

Mr. Hunt
02-07-07, 09:01 PM
This is getting rediculous, its because of Xbox and ps3, I gurentee we'd have this out by summer if it wasnt simultaneos

Don't be ridiculous... this is Valve we are talking about... them and delays are like evilchris and zeldafan.

;)

Redeemed
02-07-07, 09:02 PM
I was expecting something along these lines. I mean for a while there was a whole bunch of hype about EP2, and now there really isn't much of anything. No more new videos, no more new interviews- nothing... except for this delay.

Anyhow, considering all that Valve is releasing- that is a lot for just an "episode": You get EP2, you get PORTAL (a complete, though probably very short, game on its own), and you get TF2 (a complete MP game on its own). Considering all that will be included for this "episode", I'd say the wait is well worth it. That's a lot for just an "episode". Now, what will really make me smile is if they ask no more than $30 for it, $20 would be even better. :D

Redeemed
02-07-07, 09:02 PM
Don't be ridiculous... this is Valve we are talking about... them and delays are like Mr. Hunt and Michael Flatley.

;)

Fixed. ;)

jAkUp
02-07-07, 10:20 PM
BOOO!!!

I want to play it, but then again, fall=me gettign my 9800 GTX SLI setup :D

pffft, I had a 9800 3 years ago

:p

Uberpwnage
02-07-07, 10:35 PM
gay............................................... ................:thumbdwn:

Rakeesh
02-07-07, 10:42 PM
Haven't I taught you guys anything? This game is coming out in spring of 08. I predicted all of this you know, ALL of it! The vaporvalve constant is an exact science.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=914301#post914301

crainger
02-07-07, 10:43 PM
pffft, I had a 9800 3 years ago

:p

LOL Me too.

I wonder if Nvidia will change the numbering. This will be the first time two high end cards from different generations and manufactures will clash. (I think)

Bearclaw
02-08-07, 03:01 AM
Eh, I am not a big fan of the Half Life series. Not exactly my type of FPS but then again, I have played very little of the actual story. Maybe I should give it some more time.

However, I really enjoy the deathmatch.

Redeemed
02-08-07, 07:39 AM
Eh, I am not a big fan of the Half Life series. Not exactly my type of FPS but then again, I have played very little of the actual story. Maybe I should give it some more time.

However, I really enjoy the deathmatch.

I then recommend that you go with the original HL first, then play the second, EP1, and EP2, etc. If you like you could even play the two expansion packs for the original HL before playing HL2- it definitely wouldn't hurt.

I think you'd probably like the game. One of its biggest assets is the story IMO.

Namrok
02-08-07, 07:54 AM
Haven't I taught you guys anything? This game is coming out in spring of 08. I predicted all of this you know, ALL of it! The vaporvalve constant is an exact science.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=914301#post914301

LOL! You sure nailed it. You'll probably end up being right.

Can Valve just drop the whole "episodic" bull**** now? A year and a half is not proper development time for an "episode". We'll have Duke Nukem Forever before Episode 2 at this rate.

Bearclaw
02-08-07, 07:56 AM
I then recommend that you go with the original HL first, then play the second, EP1, and EP2, etc. If you like you could even play the two expansion packs for the original HL before playing HL2- it definitely wouldn't hurt.

I think you'd probably like the game. One of its biggest assets is the story IMO.
Ya I might now. Are the two expansion packs lost coast and whats the other one?

crainger
02-08-07, 08:00 AM
The are no expansions for HL2. There are only Ep1 and Ep2 coming soon. Ep3 might come someday... Maybe.

Redeemed meant Opposing Force and Blue Shift, which are for HL1.

Lost Coast is a Tech Demo/Behind the Scenes.

my recommended order of play is Half-Life1, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Half-Life2, Lost Coast, Episode 1, Episode 2 and so on.

Redeemed
02-08-07, 08:26 AM
The are no expansions for HL2. There are only Ep1 and Ep2 coming soon. Ep3 might come someday... Maybe.

Redeemed meant Opposing Force and Blue Shift, which are for HL1.

Lost Coast is a Tech Demo/Behind the Scenes.

my recommended order of play is Half-Life1, Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Half-Life2, Lost Coast, Episode 1, Episode 2 and so on.

QFT.

That is the order I recommend playing them as well. I haven't found a single title yet that I like as much as the HL series- and the main reason of love the HL series so much is the Single Player story line. It's just beyond awesome. Well thought out and will very easily draw you in. ;)

msxyz
02-08-07, 10:46 AM
So, in the end, Valve is marketing as "episodic" content a series of short games ? What about people who don't give a damn about team fortress or anything else included? Since TF2 got delayed so many times, the fact that it is "bundled" with Ep 2 gives me the feeling that this is only a move to justify the price by packing some leftovers from a canned project...

einstein_314
02-08-07, 11:00 AM
What??!!?!? I shake my fist at you Valve!!! Episodes my left foot. The development time is that of a regular full game....and yet the result is only short "episodes". *sigh* Oh well, it's not like complaining about it will help...

Becoming
02-08-07, 11:11 AM
For them this IS episodic. At least this way we get a little bit of HL love every year or two instead of waiting five or six.

Mr. Hunt
02-08-07, 11:14 AM
I wish they would at least finish Portals and TF2 and release those... that is all I care about anyway... but I know wishing Valve to finish TWO products is like wishing Michael Flatley wasn't sexy.