PDA

View Full Version : Best GF3 Detonator

starfury6
03-12-03, 08:55 AM
Lo all,

Wonder if you can help me. I've had a few problems recently when I installed ST:VOY Elite Force the gfx were flickering like hell and it turned out to be a driver conflict with old detonators left behind. After some messing and cleaning files and registry I am using the WHQL 40.72 drivers and it is fine. I am wondering if anyone has experienced better speed and/or quality on the original GF3 card with later drivers?

Thanks

Abit KT7A
512 PC133
GF3 64mb
DX9 Installed
Not sure on Via drivers. 1 below the first HYPERON release.
Windows XP Pro

ragejg
03-12-03, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the forums!!

From what I heard, the 43.00's are helping general framerates AND adding textures/effects... I never heard of a driver set doing anything like that, but it's been said quite a few times... Personally, on all the GF3's I've distributed, I run 41.09, 41.03 or 42.86... I'm gonna check out 43.00 in depth soon. I put it on a friend's system and it screwed MOHAA up. Went back to a 41 set and all was good.

Enjoy your card. Don't let anyone tell you it's not powerful enuff... Plus you could do core lapping, sock.7 hsf, ramsinks, voltmod... :D:D

I think you'll hear from most everyone here that the 40 series really helps GF3 shader perf., but kicks the frames down *a little* in dx7 games... so I guess it depends on what games yr playin the most right now.

:)

The Baron
03-12-03, 04:43 PM
I've had fantastic luck with 43.00 and my GF3 Vanilla.

digitalwanderer
03-12-03, 05:20 PM
I liked the 43.00 set with 9x & XP on my vanilla GF3, but I liked the rivatuner patched set a lot more. :)

The Baron
03-12-03, 06:21 PM
rivatuner patched set?

what is this madness you speak of?

digitalwanderer
03-12-03, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
rivatuner patched set?

what is this madness you speak of?

No, not a special set. You just take the default 43.00 set and apply all the RivaTuner patch scripts to 'em to sweeten 'em up a bit. (Especially 4xAF.....mmmmmmm, 4xAF... :) ) It's kind of a pain-in-the-nuggers this time since all the files you have to patch are compressed (*.dl_) and riva needs 'em unpatched first (*.dll, use winzip to unpack them), but then you have to re-pack them into their original *.dl_ form.

It ain't too hard, but it can be a pain. It's worth it. :)

I should throw all the patched & re-compressed files into a .zip or something so peeps could just overwrite them into a default 43.00 install. :hmm:

starfury6
03-13-03, 03:23 AM
Hmmm rivatuner patching sounds interesting think I'm going to have to look into that a little more! Is there a process for doing this or is your post the closest it comes?

Thanks for all the replies, been lurking here for a few years and never posted :)

/me searches for the 43.00's :D

I'll let you know how I do!