PDA

View Full Version : Def Jam: ICON Demo

LiquidX
02-08-07, 11:15 AM
http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/80BD442D-DAE2-4812-9D03-440CC9D4A0D3/0/bntdefJamIcon.jpg
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/d/defjamicon/default.htm

Its on Live. Looks great and plays great. Imagine the graphics of Fight Night but in a urban setting with alot going on in the background. If you like Fight Night I think you will like this if you can get past the fact your playing as rappers. Very impressive and hope EA uses this engine on another fight game. I dont think I'll be passing this one up.

raystorm
02-08-07, 12:01 PM
While I don't like hip hop/rap or rappers in general I did like the previous Def Jam games because of the solid wrestling engine courtesy of AKI who did some great WWE/WCW games. This one however is incredibly different which is fine. The game looks great and as usual with EA games it seems like presentation was a priority. The music is implemented nicely as well. At the moment I'm not sold on the whole turntable/environment gameplay but maybe it'll grow on me. The actual fighting (punches, kicks, the few grabs) is so far very poor and seems like the environment is really the star of the show.

I'll give it a chance because I am sick of all the military themed games I've been playing lately and need something different. This is a demo that really needs quite a few playthroughs to get the hang of. Don't judge it on your first try!

Mr. Hunt
02-08-07, 12:15 PM
So boxing = wrastling with gangstas now?

ynnek
02-08-07, 12:18 PM
i didn't play the demo, but i saw a video of it, and the conecpt of mixing and scratching the music and timing your moves with the downbeat is.. different.

six_storm
02-08-07, 03:06 PM
I wanna play as 50 Cent and yell "G-G-G-G-G G-UNIT!!!"

:D :nana:

Marvel_us
02-08-07, 03:13 PM
I wanna play as 50 Cent and yell "G-G-G-G-G G-UNIT!!!"

:D :nana:

I don't think he's in the game, lol.

LiquidX
02-08-07, 04:07 PM
I'm a HUGE fighting game fan and after playing this some more I think its one of the best fighters I have played in recent years. From this one stage it seems to play much like a 2D fighter while being 3D which is great being that I'm not a big fan of 3D fighters like DOA where you go in circles around your opponent. My main problems so far are that there seems to be no clear button assignment for kicking and its a tad stiff. Other than that its great and I'm surprised it took EA to make one of the most interactive fighters I have ever played. What I would give to have this game but with varied fighters like Ryu and Chun Li from Capcoms Street Fighter universe. Being a 2D fighting fan not totally in love with 3D fighters yet I like it a lot. Much better than DOA thats for sure it and it also has some of the best graphics next to Gears of War and Lost Planet IMO.

Peoples-Agent
02-08-07, 06:15 PM
I can't wait to kick Sean Paul's skinny ass. Idiot!

Looks to be a HD treat and a half, most likely pick this one up.

Quickstar
02-08-07, 06:18 PM
So what is this game? Is it just a bunch of black on black violence?

LiquidX
02-08-07, 06:49 PM

Not sure if your trying to be funny or never played a fighting game in your life before.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/d/defjamicon/default.htm

GamerGuyX
02-09-07, 12:21 AM

Dumbass

Mathesar
02-09-07, 12:30 AM
Great graphics although it feels a tad sluggish ..but I guess you cant expect rappers to be very nimble fighters... All that henny and green :D