PDA

View Full Version : Sam and Max Ep3 today!

crainger
02-08-07, 12:38 PM
Gametappers have already had this since the 22nd of last month but

http://telltalegames.com/samandmax/meatball

Not long to go now!

Episodic Gaming done right :D

Are you ready CaptN?

SH64
02-08-07, 01:18 PM
Man this reminds me of how lazy i am these days. i started Ep1 for a bit & never finished it :|

CaptNKILL
02-08-07, 02:37 PM
Downloading now. :D

Probably won't get to it until late tonight or tomorrow morning though... with my backward ass schedule, its 3:30PM and I've been up for 15 hours. :p

crainger
02-08-07, 02:39 PM
Downloading?!

I can't get to it yet! Not even an email yet! :(

BOO!

CaptNKILL
02-08-07, 02:40 PM
Dammit, yep the download isnt there yet. :p

By "Downloading now" I meant "on my way to download now" :lol:

crainger
02-08-07, 02:44 PM
Got me excited for nuthin!

CaptNKILL
02-08-07, 02:47 PM
Got me excited for nuthin!
You bust me up little pal...

CaptNKILL
02-08-07, 02:54 PM
ZOMG!

Crainger, go check your order page. The download is available and I'm downloading mine right now. :):):)

PROOF!

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=23959&stc=1&d=1170968178

crainger
02-08-07, 03:00 PM
That's where they hid it. I'll remember that next time :D

ynnek
02-08-07, 03:06 PM
do they have a set # of episodes they expect to make?

crainger
02-08-07, 05:18 PM
6 for this Season.

ynnek
02-08-07, 06:54 PM
okay, i'll wait till the season completes then.. ;)

einstein_314
02-08-07, 06:58 PM
Hmmm, guess I better start the 2nd one....otherwise I'm going to get behind...wait...I'm already behind!!

crainger
02-08-07, 07:09 PM
okay, i'll wait till the season completes then.. ;)

You can buy them all in one lot. That's what CaptN and I have done. That way we just download each month and at the end you can even get a boxed Season send in the mail.

I plan to replay them back to back at the end though. It'll be like one huge game! Kinda like the Collectors Edition of Syberia 1 and 2. At the end of one the game follows straight on with the second.

einstein_314
02-08-07, 07:59 PM
You can buy them all in one lot. That's what CaptN and I have done. That way we just download each month and at the end you can even get a boxed Season send in the mail.

I plan to replay them back to back at the end though. It'll be like one huge game! Kinda like the Collectors Edition of Syberia 1 and 2. At the end of one the game follows straight on with the second.
Hey! That's what I did too!!! I want in on this party! well....actually it was a christmas present from my brother to me....but still....they're all paid for. I just have to download them when they get released!

|MaguS|
02-08-07, 08:21 PM
Man, I still haven't completed the first one. I know its not a long game but I have so much other things to do aswell...

ynnek
02-08-07, 10:06 PM

yea, thats why I'm waiting for all of them to come out, and i'll play them all through as one game.

SH64
02-08-07, 11:22 PM
The demo is out :D
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=40538&mode=thread&order=0

crainger
02-09-07, 07:08 PM
Hmmm, this one felt really short. Like an hour gameplay! Then again, I have been playing adventure games since the late eighties.

CaptNKILL
02-11-07, 06:12 AM
Just finished it.

It was pretty short and it didn't really have that many funny moments but it was pretty good. The end portion was better than the beginning though.

It seems a bit like their running out of original dialog material for the characters. Most of the one liners and comments have been pretty bland. It feels like the game doesn't know whether its a kids game or an adult game. The dialog is way too complicated for most little kids, but the jokes are generally "kiddy" (except for a few, which are ROFL quality).

I'm still looking forward to the next few episodes, I just wish they hadn't toned this stuff down so much from the comics. The most violence we've seen so far involves a little bit of ketchup spilling on someone's shirt (trying to avoid spoilers) and there seem to be only a few jokes\comments in each episode that are real laugh worthy.

The "does the carpet match the drapes" thing in this one was pretty funny because of what it actually means, but there wasn't a whole lot else to laugh about in this episode.

I do like the whole episodic thing even though they tend to be pretty short, so I'd call that part a success, I just hope they spice it up a bit with the last 3 episodes. What I loved about the Sam and Max comics was the witty humor and the wreckless, senseless acts of violence committed by the so called "freelance police". They definitely need some improvements in those areas to keep things going.

crainger
02-11-07, 04:05 PM
Maybe it'll be like most TV Series. The start is good, as that's what hooks you. The middle gets boring, but you keep watching anyway and the ending is usually really good as the writers want to go out with a bang.

nekrosoft13
02-12-07, 07:32 AM
so out of 3 companies that tried this episode games, only one actually got it right?

CaptNKILL
02-12-07, 12:17 PM
so out of 3 companies that tried this episode games, only one actually got it right?
Yeah, and for what its worth, I can understand why. There really isn't a whole lot of new content in each of these episodes aside from dialog, since you spend a lot of time doing new things in same areas from the previous episodes.

In first person shooters though, there's a hell of a lot more work that needs to be done to get even an hour or two of gameplay.