PDA

View Full Version : Scanners under Vista

DRen72
02-08-07, 02:41 PM
My trusty old HP 4100c scanner is now defunct under Vista, so I guess I must go out and buy a new one. Any of you guys running Vista care to share your scannner experiences? What works...what doesn't, etc.

nekrosoft13
02-08-07, 03:06 PM
my canon scangear 8400F works perfectly, canon wrote 64bit driver for vista

OWA
02-08-07, 05:18 PM
My HP 2110 All-in-One seems to work fine with Vista although I have to scan documents using the Vista fax and scan program (or some other program). Just pressing the scan button on the scanner does nothing. Maybe I can configure it so that works but I haven't really messed around with it enough to know yet. I haven't checked to see if HP has updated sofware either. This is just using drivers supplied by Vista.

stevemedes
02-08-07, 10:29 PM
I doubt my HP OfficeJet G55 would work under Vista... Or would it?!?!

Rakeesh
02-08-07, 11:34 PM
I heard somewhere that HP said they aren't going to update their scanners and printers to work with vista. I don't know what their official excuse is, but there is no doubt that they are doing this just to get you to buy more stuff from them.

Bman212121
02-10-07, 08:21 PM
My trusty old HP 4100c scanner is now defunct under Vista, so I guess I must go out and buy a new one. Any of you guys running Vista care to share your scannner experiences? What works...what doesn't, etc.

IIRC, that is the model that we used to have at work. It wasn't even really designed for xp, and we had a hard time keeping it working with that. The latest driver for it was from 2002. not sure if it was the same one or not.

DRen72
02-12-07, 01:55 PM
IIRC, that is the model that we used to have at work. It wasn't even really designed for xp, and we had a hard time keeping it working with that. The latest driver for it was from 2002. not sure if it was the same one or not.

Probably is. It's actually worked very well with XP and natively too. I just can't get it to work in Vista. Its an old scanner, but I was hoping to not have to buy a new one anytime soon if I wanted a working scanner in Vista.