PDA

View Full Version : XBox Live gold

jticeman500
02-08-07, 04:09 PM
Hi everybody,

I have been playing Lost planet: EC and it came with Xbox live gold 48hr trial and I was wondering how I activate this trial? When I try to put the code into the promotional code it says it needs a 25character code and on the trial brochure the code is only 9characterů so does anybody know how to get this to work?

thanks
-jt

Peoples-Agent
02-08-07, 05:10 PM
That's weird, you normally get a thing you have to scratch off with the code underneath.

LiquidX
02-08-07, 05:53 PM
Go to Xbox marketplace, account management then Xbox live passcode to see if it accepts 9 characters.

Apollo 13
02-09-07, 02:07 AM
LMAO...you did the samething I did. On the left hand side ofyour 9 digit numbers there is a piece of paper you need to peel off and it will show the 25 digit number. I didn't even get to use to 2 days long because my 360 died on me after I downloaeded the GOW update and played online for 5 mins.

kev13dd
02-10-07, 03:46 AM
I have a question about Gold vs Silver

I remember before Xbox 360 came out, there was talk about Silver being able to play multiplayer games online, but only during the weekends. Is this true? Or is gold required the absolute only way to play games like Halo and GoW online?

K

Mr. Hunt
02-10-07, 07:34 AM
I have a question about Gold vs Silver

I remember before Xbox 360 came out, there was talk about Silver being able to play multiplayer games online, but only during the weekends. Is this true? Or is gold required the absolute only way to play games like Halo and GoW online?

K

Not true... although rarely (like every few months) you get some free time on Silver (like last years E3 I think the week or weekend or whatever was "sponsored" by verizon, so you had to put up with a bunch of VERIZON banners on live... but whatever).

kev13dd
02-10-07, 02:48 PM
Not true... although rarely (like every few months) you get some free time on Silver (like last years E3 I think the week or weekend or whatever was "sponsored" by verizon, so you had to put up with a bunch of VERIZON banners on live... but whatever).
That blows... I just bought a X360, and after a game or two and a VGA cable my bank account was literally cut in half. Now I learn I have to buy a Live Gold account, and I learn that Madden (the only game I play practically) isn't backwards compatible, and the Madden 07 for the 360 doesn't even have half the features that 06 had for the original. Now I'm getting angry

K

Apollo 13
02-10-07, 07:16 PM
That blows... I just bought a X360, and after a game or two and a VGA cable my bank account was literally cut in half. Now I learn I have to buy a Live Gold account, and I learn that Madden (the only game I play practically) isn't backwards compatible, and the Madden 07 for the 360 doesn't even have half the features that 06 had for the original. Now I'm getting angry

K

that's why i'll be buying all the good multiplatform games that have MP on the PS3, because im not dropping $50 again on live.

kev13dd
02-10-07, 07:57 PM
that's why i'll be buying all the good multiplatform games that have MP on the PS3, because im not dropping $50 again on live.
Well it's not as much that I'm outraged I have to pay for Live, I'm just upset that I bought a 360 under the illusion of something else. My fault. 50 bucks for 12 months of gaming isn't bad at all. PS3 might be free, but you're paying a lot more for it in the first place, AND it's not near as experienced and well populated as Live

K