PDA

View Full Version : Does EVGA offer a step-up program for the 8800 GTX?

Digital_Trans
02-09-07, 01:50 AM
Does EVGA offer a step-up program for the 8800 GTX?

RussianHAXOR
02-09-07, 02:06 AM
Do you mean stepping FROM an 8800GTX? Or to an 8800GTX?

You could step up to an 8800GTX but right now there isnt anything to step upto FROM an 8800GTX.

Digital_Trans
02-09-07, 02:08 AM
Do you mean stepping FROM an 8800GTX? Or to an 8800GTX?

You could step up to an 8800GTX but right now there isnt anything to step upto FROM an 8800GTX.

Well, if the refresh comes out can I step-up when and if since it's going to still be considered an 8 series card?

RussianHAXOR
02-09-07, 02:11 AM
Yes, you should be able to step upto a refresh as long as its a reference model. Not an overclocked EVGA model. It has to be EGS(aka refernce) to be stepupable(for the most part).

Digital_Trans
02-09-07, 02:22 AM
Yes, you should be able to step upto a refresh as long as its a reference model. Not an overclocked EVGA model. It has to be EGS(aka refernce) to be stepupable(for the most part).

So the EVGA 8800 GTX KO acs³ edition is considered an Overclocked series card. Looks like no step-ip program for me then.

BCKator
02-10-07, 03:56 AM
Russian:
Can I "side step"? Can I essentially trade in my standard 8800gtx for a new one?
-- BCK

RussianHAXOR
02-10-07, 04:54 AM
Well it wouldnt really make sense to step up at all unless you are getting a better card in which there is no card that is better that you can step upto at this moment.

crainger
02-10-07, 05:17 AM
Side Step?

That might be cool, but where a company takes any competitors previous gen card and offers their upgraded part at a reduced cost... :D

Hey I can dream :)

Toss3
02-10-07, 05:29 AM
Side Step?

That might be cool, but where a company takes any competitors previous gen card and offers their upgraded part at a reduced cost... :D

Hey I can dream :)
Well if they produce both of the companies' cards then why not? Btw. why doesn't evga sell ATi cards?

RussianHAXOR
02-10-07, 05:31 AM
Cuz ati is junk? =)

SLippe
02-10-07, 06:55 AM
Are you sure about the Overclocked thing? I stepped up from my 7800GT to a 7900GT CO Superclocked™ last March.

Sure, you can side-step to the same card, it's called an RMA! :D

crainger
02-10-07, 06:58 AM
Are you sure about the Overclocked thing? I stepped up from my 7800GT to a 7900GT CO Superclocked™ last March.

Sure, you can side-step to the same card, it's called an RMA! :D

LOL Though doesn't it have to be defective to RMA?

SLippe
02-10-07, 07:08 AM
LOL Though doesn't it have to be defective to RMA?
So take your handy-dandy multi-tool and twist a capacitor off. There, it's defective. :rofl Uh, yeah. :cool:

RussianHAXOR
02-10-07, 12:33 PM
There are cases where the card is given for stepup, this usually happenes when there is high supply and when the management decides to.

CaptNKILL
02-10-07, 01:15 PM
I had 90 days for a step-up on my 8800GTX. They didn't release a faster card in that amount of time though and now my step-up time has run out. :p

GitDat
02-10-07, 03:34 PM
I bought mine on Dec 27th so there is still hope :nana:

Digital_Trans
02-13-07, 04:17 PM
Great! I also called EVGA and they confirmed that anyone can steup-up from the EVGA 8800 GTX KO AC3s Edition and they also told me that even if it's an older 7 series card I can step it up within 90-days.
EVGA just puts BFG's customer service and product support to shame. BFG doesn't even offer a step-up program and they have the worst hold times when it comes to technical support.
My main question is DO YOU THINK THERE'S GOING TO BE A REFRESH COUNTING FROM TODAY'S DATE 02-13-07 IN 90-DAYS? Remember, ATI's R600 is going to be released soon so what do you NV Brothers think?

Tygerwoody
02-13-07, 04:30 PM
I had 90 days for a step-up on my 8800GTX. They didn't release a faster card in that amount of time though and now my step-up time has run out. :p
Correction, they DID release a faster card(the KO edition), but EVGA just neglected to add it to the stepup program. Because you know, that would mean they would actually have to honor the step up program like they use to.

Digital_Trans
02-13-07, 06:28 PM
It's all good mate! I'm just happy I got the card now so I can step-up in 2 1/2months!

nrdstrm
02-13-07, 06:51 PM
Correction, they DID release a faster card(the KO edition), but EVGA just neglected to add it to the stepup program. Because you know, that would mean they would actually have to honor the step up program like they use to.

Isn't it about time you stop bashing EVGA every chance you get? We have all heard your story, you've put it out there. I really don't see a need for you to spam every thread invloving EVGA...It's starting to get old. I and MANY MANY others have had great luck with EVGA...Sorry to go OT, but it's starting to wear on me...I mean it's in your singnature...We get the picture...You don't like EVGA....yay...