PDA

View Full Version : evga geforce 8800gtx pc restart in game

lioncool
02-09-07, 02:22 AM
I just bought evga geforce 8800gtx my pc restart in game (world of warcraft) something wrong with this video card or i need new power supply plz help here my pc info

cpu opteron 165
power supply ocz 600w
4x 120x120 fan
3x hdd and 2x dvd rom drive
motherboard dfi expert
ocz dual memery

Ramshambo2001
02-09-07, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I get the same thing. I first thought it was my proc overheating or my memory being bad, but after doing extensive memory tests and underclocking my cpu it still happens then i see everybody else having this weird issue. The drivers just suck for now and you have to deal with it. Almost tempted to get vista because they seem at least concerned with those drivers more.

During WoW does your game just freeze then BLUE SCREEN.......RESTART?

Oh and I'm using a 600W power supply, it ran on my previous power supply of 450w with no promblems.

SLippe
02-09-07, 09:04 PM
I just bought evga geforce 8800gtx my pc restart in game (world of warcraft) something wrong with this video card or i need new power supply plz help here my pc info

cpu opteron 165
power supply ocz 600w
4x 120x120 fan
3x hdd and 2x dvd rom drive
motherboard dfi expert
ocz dual memery
It's just the game. Make sure you have the latest patch for game as well as the latest DirectX and latest NVidia drivers for whatever OS you're running, I assume WinXP? Your specs are fine, including your PSU. It's just the game.

lioncool
02-10-07, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I get the same thing. I first thought it was my proc overheating or my memory being bad, but after doing extensive memory tests and underclocking my cpu it still happens then i see everybody else having this weird issue. The drivers just suck for now and you have to deal with it. Almost tempted to get vista because they seem at least concerned with those drivers more.

During WoW does your game just freeze then BLUE SCREEN.......RESTART?

Oh and I'm using a 600W power supply, it ran on my previous power supply of 450w with no promblems.

yes my game freeze blue screen and restart should i replace another video card i had tried win xp and window vista got same error

Raladdar
02-10-07, 01:58 PM
I had that issue with WoW and my 8800gtx also. It turned out that my WoW folder was corrupted and I had to reinstall it. Run the file checker and see if yours is good.