PDA

View Full Version : FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

thebaine
02-09-07, 04:46 AM
ok obviously nvidia doesn't care for us vista users but has anyone found a way to use purevideo in vista? nvidias site claims its not supported for vista. i can install it fine but when i play a dvd the purevideo menu wont come up on the taskbar. could someone please give me so insight on this. also if it isn's supported do you think it eventually will be. also if this is the wrong forum im sorry because im new. really really frustrated im sorry

thebaine
02-09-07, 04:47 AM
is there another way to tell if purevideo is enabled? according to the faq at nvidia its when the thing is on the taskbar. f*ck nvidia. i knew i should have never left ati.

thebaine
02-09-07, 04:48 AM
sorry for the hostility its not directed toward you guys. any help would be appreciated. and yes i searched so if its an old post im sorry.

Digital_Trans
02-09-07, 04:53 AM
I don't use NVIDIA Pure Video ever.......it never worked for me even with the top of the line 7950 GX2 Quad SLI. I would however suggest you start using Cyberlink Power DVD 7 it blow Purevideo out of the water and has been around alot longer then Nvidia's purevideo.
Infact it users Nvidia's purevideo technology so there ya go! :D I was once like you wanting to get Nvidia's purevideo to work and it never happened since then I've moved on. and ATI sucks they will never be like NVIDIA when it comes to pure graphics performance.

thebaine
02-09-07, 04:55 AM
well purevideo is a codec dude. you can use it with powerdvd or most any prog for that matter. i used pdvd for ever until windvd8 came out. i like it better. but back to my original question...

Digital_Trans
02-09-07, 05:00 AM
well purevideo is a codec dude. you can use it with powerdvd or most any prog for that matter. i used pdvd for ever until windvd8 came out. i like it better. but back to my original question...

Yes, it is a lame codec! Power DVD 7 comes with the Nvidia purevideo codec. You don't need to install both in order to get the purevideo feature inabled. Just get Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 if you want NVIDIA purevideo to work for you.
Watch and learn......good luck!

thebaine
02-09-07, 05:07 AM
does that mean windvd8 comes with it? it says it "supports the codec" so does the same apply? will it be on automagically when i play windvd8? thanks

Digital_Trans
02-09-07, 05:15 AM
does that mean windvd8 comes with it? it says it "supports the codec" so does the same apply? will it be on automagically when i play windvd8? thanks

You will need to search in the menu for that option. WinDVD 8 might not be partnered with NVIDIA allowing for the 3rd party codec plug-in to be intergrated with WinDVD 8's software.
You should be able to find the option if it's there. If not I'm sure you know where to get the latest version of Cyberlink Power DVD 7.2 Ultra (nana2) I only use Power DVD it's been really good for me personally.

seppuka
02-09-07, 06:38 AM
I tend to go for something like SLD codec pack. it's very comprehensive and it doesn't come with the bulk of other multimedia software 'systems' like cyberlink and powerdvd. A classic media player is what it comes with and I'll be damned if you can find a codec that it won't play.

SLippe
02-09-07, 06:50 AM
Use WMP11. However, I use PowerDVD 7.

And just for the record, next time you make 3 posts within 2 minutes of each other, just edit the first one. :D

Remi
02-09-07, 09:49 AM
It seems to me that there's at least 3 distinct things in purevideo:
- the nStantMedia player application,
- a set of codecs,
- the hardware acceleration for video playback functions in the driver, usable by the codec set.

From what I tried:
- nStantMedia seems to work fine,
- the video decoder codec seems to work fine too,
- I don't know if the hardware acceleration works or not (I can't test right now as I'm not on my Vista PC).

I can't really tell for the other nvidia codecs, and for the video post-processsing made by purevideo. I'll try to check that tomorrow.

Please note that this is only representative of my own machine, onto which I do customize the priority level of the codecs.

thebaine
02-09-07, 07:13 PM
ok thanks guys... one lats important question. im using pdvd 7.2 ultra and turned on deinterlacing mode. first it wont let me select smart deinterlacing not a big deal but it does let me enable hardware deinterlacing. first question is which algorithm do i use? the BOB or one of the long number looking ones. the bob one says it is hardware enabled. i have geforce go6150. also before that screen it has an option for the clearview text and "High performance mode" well i can't find any info on what this high performance mode actually does could someone please enlighten me? Thanks a million.

rflair
02-09-07, 07:44 PM
ok thanks guys... one lats important question. im using pdvd 7.2 ultra and turned on deinterlacing mode. first it wont let me select smart deinterlacing not a big deal but it does let me enable hardware deinterlacing. first question is which algorithm do i use? the BOB or one of the long number looking ones. the bob one says it is hardware enabled. i have geforce go6150. also before that screen it has an option for the clearview text and "High performance mode" well i can't find any info on what this high performance mode actually does could someone please enlighten me? Thanks a million.

I don't have 7.2ultra but my older version had a pdf file with the powerdvd manual, check there.

DarkJedi664
02-09-07, 08:11 PM
Just use MPC and set it to use PureVideo. What's hard about that? I've had PureVideo working ever since I got it free with my TV tuner. Hardware acceleration and all...

TiKiMaN1
02-09-07, 09:14 PM
And just for the record, next time you make 3 posts within 2 minutes of each other, just edit the first one. :D

Now why would he want to do something like that?:p

Ancient
02-09-07, 10:16 PM
Why are you running 7.2 Ultra? Are you using a BD drive in your PC?

thebaine
02-09-07, 11:37 PM
no that was the only one i could get a torrent for. mpc is that windows media center? also what is this damn "high performance mode" by the interlacing please answer this someone for the third time.

thebaine
02-09-07, 11:38 PM
i might eventually get a drive that supports that though

Remi
02-13-07, 06:38 AM
I can't really tell for the other nvidia codecs, and for the video post-processsing made by purevideo. I'll try to check that tomorrow.
- Mpeg2 Hardware accelerated decoding (DXVA IDCT) works
- Post processing works

There are still a few bugs in the current drivers however, chroma and luma are sometimes out of vertical phase (colors are then a few pixels higher than the picture), and deanamorphosis doesn't always works (the picture then looks horizontally compressed). It looks likes I've found an opportunity to try that new bug report page at nvidia.com. :)

Hopefully that'll be corrected in a future release of the drivers.