PDA

View Full Version : someone plz tell sony PR to just stfu already

Pages : [1] 2

Imbroglio
02-10-07, 09:22 AM
Jack Trenton wants to give you $1200 for ps3 you see on a shelf. (http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/09/ce-oh-no-he-didnt-part-xxiv-jack-tretton-wants-to-give-you/)

i don't know what to say anymore. i mean this is just sony PR at its best. ppl are waiting for platform games to be released and they still act as if the console is selling like hotcakes.

TiKiMaN1
02-10-07, 09:32 AM
Jack Trenton wants to give you $1200 for ps3 you see on a shelf. (http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/09/ce-oh-no-he-didnt-part-xxiv-jack-tretton-wants-to-give-you/)

i don't know what to say anymore. i mean this is just sony PR at its best. ppl are waiting for platform games to be released and they still act as if the console is selling like hotcakes.

:rofl Well maybe I need to start posting pics when I go out. I would become a rich man thanks to Sony. PS3's are sitting on the shelf at every fetchin' store I go to.:D

TiKiMaN1
02-10-07, 09:35 AM
Does Jack Tretton have an email address?:p

TiKiMaN1
02-10-07, 09:41 AM
Yes sir this is a face of an idiot: (crazy)

http://fp.scea.com/Content/corporateaboutscea/Management/img/about/management_full_jack.jpg

Lyme
02-10-07, 10:35 AM
That article was from january.

Imbroglio
02-10-07, 11:30 AM
and we've seen ps3 consoles on shelves since after christmas... your point is?

ENU291
02-10-07, 01:04 PM
What a douche!!! Sony PR at it's BEST!

ViN86
02-10-07, 02:23 PM
says posted February 9th.... so its still current to some ppl. thats current enough for me.

slick
02-10-07, 02:25 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2007/20070210.jpg

And on that note, I went to my local Target a few days ago to see if/when they were ever getting DS's back in stock, and there were two PS3's there. Cheeyah.

H3avyM3tal
02-10-07, 02:31 PM
Lol, they are going to buy Wiis!!! If they can find a couple!!!
Wow, they are either gehys, or trans-wannabees....

Lame sony, lamer haters....

slick
02-10-07, 02:39 PM
Lol, they are going to buy Wiis!!! If they can find a couple!!!
Wow, they are either gehys, or trans-wannabees....

Lame sony, lamer haters....

What the ****? That insult didn't even make sense.

How about you stop taking every last thing so personally. Sony does the dumbest ****ing things you could think of and we all get a chuckle out of it. When you friend says something completely retarded, one usually makes a sarcastic comment about it, no? Sony, meet the retarded friend.

H3avyM3tal
02-10-07, 03:28 PM
Dude... I was joking... ... ... .. .. . . . . .
Im taking "every last thing" personally?

Stop being an ass will ya? That was a joke... lighten up please.

TiKiMaN1
02-10-07, 03:36 PM

In the article which is actually in the March issue of EGM which I received today, EGM called 18 different stores back then and half of them had PS3's in stock. Some stores even had 20. In fact when Tretton was told that he got fetchin' defensive for the next 6-7 questions.

This is the same man that says the PSP owns the DS in sales.:lol:

Bad_Boy
02-10-07, 03:45 PM
And this is why Harrison > every other sony rep.

TiKiMaN1
02-10-07, 04:00 PM
And this is why Harrison > every other sony rep.

The big problem is Tretton is the President of SCE now so when he says something stupid to the media everyone knows very fast.

Bad_Boy
02-10-07, 04:41 PM
The big problem is Tretton is the President of SCE now so when he says something stupid to the media everyone knows very fast.
I dont think that makes much difference, there was a jane doe PR rep at CES nobody knew about, but her words spread quick to ign/gamespot/1up.

Harrison is president of SCEWW so it's not like his words spread much slower. I think Harrison is a more grounded person and his FUD is significantly less than they rest of sony.

Heres his most recent interview from gamespot.
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?sid=6165672&pid=928393&tag=prefs;button&rgroup=dice07_story

Lyme
02-10-07, 07:56 PM
says posted February 9th.... so its still current to some ppl. thats current enough for me.

He is a PR guy.. he can spin the statement along the lines of: "That was in January, we have increased production a bazillion times since then."

ViN86
02-10-07, 08:30 PM
He is a PR guy.. he can spin the statement along the lines of: "That was in January, we have increased production a bazillion times since then."
lol ohhh, now i get what you meant :lol:

my bad, wasnt too quick on the uptake :o

yea, im sure they will spin it that way. thats so lame.

toxikneedle
02-10-07, 08:46 PM
lol ohhh, now i get what you meant :lol:

my bad, wasnt too quick on the uptake :o

yea, im sure they will spin it that way. thats so lame.
heh you actually thought they are gonna pay the money?

Shamrock
02-10-07, 09:27 PM
Last week, the Best Buy in Lex, had 15 in stock, and had to have a slogan to sell them at all..."We will beat any price guaranteed, or it's free"

LOL

15 x $1200...hmm

Roliath
02-10-07, 10:56 PM
I received that magazine a week ago and thought it was an interesting read. I went to gamestop earlier today and they had 3 60GB's and 2 used 20GB's.
I was told that the systems are being returned faster than they can sell them.

six_storm
02-11-07, 01:36 AM
Sony AND the PS3 AND Blu-Ray are just JOKES. What a goof. My Blockbuster store won't even carry anything other than 1 copy of 3 games for the PS3 because they KNOW it won't get rented out. TBH, I think Madden is the only PS3 game that has been rented out period.

Treason
02-11-07, 01:41 AM
I wonder how many unsold PS3's are in Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee.

Rakeesh
02-11-07, 01:51 AM
I don't know about this particular subject, or Sony's PR in general, and I am not a console fanboy (I don't even own any of the major three current gen consoles) but one thing is for certain:

PS3 commercials are among the most retarded commercials I have ever seen.

Thank you.

Lyme
02-11-07, 01:13 PM
The Sony ads really do suck.. The Wii adverts are pretty good ie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cPVP_llfo (Wii for All)