PDA

View Full Version : PSN down?

saturnotaku
02-11-07, 09:04 PM
I can't sign into the PlayStation network tonight. It's not my Internet connection because I can surf the Web from my laptop, PS3, and Wii. But when I try access the PlayStation online store, the connection times out as I attempt to sign in. Anyone else having problems?

Bad_Boy
02-11-07, 09:12 PM
seems its just affecting master ID's, my sub ID's still work.
hope they fix it, trying to play some resistance tonight with the clan...

saturnotaku
02-11-07, 09:27 PM
I actually called, and they said probably not until tomorrow. :(

Bad_Boy
02-11-07, 09:33 PM
bummer.

Marvel_us
02-11-07, 09:38 PM
That's weird because I was JUST playing NBA2k7 with OWA online. We also sent a few messages back and forth, no problem. This was using my master account as well.

Bad_Boy
02-11-07, 10:18 PM
interesting, maybe its a select number of accounts then and not all servers down.

|MaguS|
02-11-07, 10:34 PM
I can get onto the store just fine...

Bad_boy still hasn't accepted my friends invite. :(

Bad_Boy
02-12-07, 12:53 AM
I can get onto the store just fine...

Bad_boy still hasn't accepted my friends invite. :(
I'll add ya tomorrow when I get a chance. :cool:

|MaguS|
02-12-07, 07:58 AM
Oh it was YOU. LOL I was wondering who the feck "Pocky4th3Win" was. :rofl

Considering the msg I sent you, thats pretty disturbing that you accept anyone.... lol

Marvel_us
02-12-07, 05:12 PM
PSN is still down for me -_-

I don't want to use a sub-account damnit! I want to use my master account! Sony did this to me on SOE as well...it's like SWG all over again! ;)

Weird I was playing more 2k7 earlier and downloaded a vid from the store. Again, that was using my master account.

saturnotaku
02-12-07, 07:00 PM
It's still down for me and a lot of other folks. I'm trying a few things I read on the PS forums, but the masses are getting restless as there's been no word from Sony whatsoever about what's been happening and what they're doing to fix it.

LurkerLito
02-12-07, 07:43 PM
I got to the store today and downloaded the Flow Trailer.

OWA
02-12-07, 07:48 PM
It's up for me. I just have a master account.

saturnotaku
02-12-07, 07:49 PM
Word is now that tech support reps are claiming that there was a hack attempt and they're sorting it out. Makes me really glad Sony has my CC number now. Dopes.

saturnotaku
02-13-07, 09:11 AM
I was able to sign on last night after doing the "spam login" technique. Took about 15 tries, but it got there. Tried again this morning and it went through on the first try. Maybe they finally got it straightened out.

Lyme
02-13-07, 01:55 PM
Sony loves to leave paying customers in the dark. They are a strong beliver that customers should be told as little as possible. This was done many many times in Everquest, keeping people out of the game for days at a time without a reason. In comparision with Blizzard who tells a generic reason and refunds playtime.

|MaguS|
02-13-07, 02:10 PM
Sony loves to leave paying customers in the dark. They are a strong beliver that customers should be told as little as possible. This was done many many times in Everquest, keeping people out of the game for days at a time without a reason. In comparision with Blizzard who tells a generic reason and refunds playtime.

Most large Corps do not tell the customer the whole truth or anything... trust me, I work for at&t we lie through our teeth here.

Bad_Boy
02-13-07, 03:09 PM
It's funny I've heard similar things for nintendo from EGM editors in the latest podcast. They were talking about companies working with the magazines/websites to get information to the consumers and out of microsoft/nintendo/sony, nintendo was actually the hardest to work with. It was a interesting listen. Heres the link if you're interested. http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3149975

IIRC Everquest is SOE, not SCE.

Lyme
02-14-07, 12:20 AM
Magus I've heard some of the interesting tales about at&t, and I do know how it is. Hey, I work for the government, just not your government.

BadBoy, SCE and SOE are both Sony. From the people I have known who worked for SOE, the corporate culture bleeds through the different layers.

Bad_Boy
02-14-07, 02:09 AM
BadBoy, SCE and SOE are both Sony. From the people I have known who worked for SOE, the corporate culture bleeds through the different layers.
Before SOE was consumed by SCEA, SOE had very little to do SCE. They were just another part of the sony devisions. As much to do with SCE as Sony pictures or Sony music. Yes at the end of the day they are all Sony, but they are not all the exact same and do not operate the same. IIRC their parent company was orginally Sony Pictures. It was only recently they became apart of SCEA.