PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy?

glennalan
02-13-07, 09:40 PM
I'm buying some Tom Clancy games
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Rainbow Six 3: Athena Sword
Can someone comment which of these are good or better than others as personal favorites?
Thanks.

|MaguS|
02-13-07, 09:55 PM
Rainbow Six 3: Athena Sword is an expansion so if you don't have the original then it wont be of any use to you. Lockdown blows though... avoid it as much as possible... possibly burning it might work.

glennalan
02-13-07, 10:23 PM
Athena sword is an expansion to what?
Lockdown is on its way in the mail to.

stncttr908
02-13-07, 10:24 PM
Lockdown is a terrible game. Go with Rainbow Six 3 or Vegas. As for Splinter Cell, Chaos Theory was my favorite, but the original and Pandora Tomorrow are great. There are a lot of problems with the latest game, Double Agent, on PC.

LT.Schaffer
02-13-07, 10:49 PM
Athena sword is an expansion to what?
Lockdown is on its way in the mail to.

Rainbow Six 3:Ravenshield

Q
02-13-07, 10:51 PM
Lockdown kills puppies and kitties.

crainger
02-13-07, 11:02 PM
Crainger Brand Exploding Head: ACTIVATE!

:headexplode:

SH64
02-13-07, 11:29 PM
Get GRAW & Vegas instead of Athena's sword & Lockdown.

glennalan
02-14-07, 01:33 AM
I'm buying these used for about $5.00 each! Lockdown was made in 2006 is it really that awful?

GamerGuyX
02-14-07, 03:22 AM
I'm buying these used for about $5.00 each! Lockdown was made in 2006 is it really that awful?

Since when does the year a game was created in have any bearing on the quality of a game?

Please, explain this to me.

Bearclaw
02-14-07, 05:07 AM
Ya, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow was my least favorite. Too many rural and jungle settings for me. I like the urban setting's in the cities like China, New York and some other cool ones they have had.

Bearclaw
02-14-07, 05:08 AM
i recommend:

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Rainbow Six III: RavenShield
Rainbow Six: Vegas

avoid:

Rainbow Six: Lockdown
I also reccomend GRAW. I kept putting off getting it and didn't think I would like it because I wasn't a big fan of the other ones but I loved this one. Excellent game, and the graphics are excellent as well.

nekrosoft13
02-14-07, 07:55 AM
lockdown was the worst game in rainbow six series

double agent is the worst in splinter cell series, pandora is second worst

get GRAW, Rainbow Six: Las Vegas and Chaos Thoery.

Destroy
02-14-07, 10:47 AM
lockdown was the worst game in rainbow six series

double agent is the worst in splinter cell series, pandora is second worst

get GRAW, Rainbow Six: Las Vegas and Chaos Thoery.

Agreed, but I didn't like GRAW PC, too different from the Ghost Recon of past so prefered 360 version by far.

glennalan
02-14-07, 12:36 PM
I've got GRAW and liked playing it. I'm going to get Chaos Theory and have heard it is good. I should have ordered Raven shield. I wish I would have got Raven Shield instead of Lockdown, but it is too late for that now. What makes Lockdown so bad of a game. I would think that because it was made in 06 that the graphics would at least be up to date.

nVidi0t
02-14-07, 12:43 PM
Raven Shield, Rogue Spear and Vegas are the best.

stjuart
02-15-07, 01:23 AM
The graphics are not that much better than raven shield, since it uses the same engine, UT2.0. ON top of that the game is horrible, stupid arcade shooter, with dumb ai, just plain out sucks in every way.

XDanger
02-15-07, 05:37 PM
I bought Rogue Spear last week for 50p (1 BOGOF) but the expansion disk was very scratched :(

johnkeel105
02-15-07, 05:58 PM
Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six Vegas are probably my favs...

|MaguS|
02-15-07, 06:18 PM
I bought Rogue Spear last week for 50p (1 BOGOF) but the expansion disk was very scratched :(

I <3 Rogue Spear!

Monolyth
02-15-07, 06:39 PM
Rogue Spear should die, Rainbow Six & R6:EW ALL THE WAY!

SLippe
02-16-07, 07:40 AM
Ravenshield was teh suk!

Camp0rz
02-16-07, 01:51 PM
I also reccomend GRAW. I kept putting off getting it and didn't think I would like it because I wasn't a big fan of the other ones but I loved this one. Excellent game, and the graphics are excellent as well.

Eh.. I've been putting it off also. Might just have to pick that up this weekend. Heard nothing but good things about it, but I really didn't enjoy previous ghost recon games. It's cheap now anyway. Might as well.

glennalan
02-18-07, 01:14 PM
I've thought of buying the original Ghost Recon Gold Pack for $10.00 at Fry's it includes 2 expansion packs. I read the walkthrough a bit accidently looking for the GRAW walkthrough and it sounded like it should be good, but dated.
I was surprised that GRAW ran so good on my machine ( 45FPS and up) maxed settings. I am worried that Vegas will not run as smoothly. I like the settings maxed mostly with maybe the shadows on lower settings.

Seadogs
02-18-07, 09:11 PM
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but lockdown sucked so bad I put off trying vegas until a few days ago. I figured the Rainbow series was dead to me after that.

Vegas is very fun though. :captnkill: