PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia?

Pages : [1] 2

glennalan
02-14-07, 05:51 PM
Anyone playing Prince of Persia: Warrior Within? Is it a good game?

crainger
02-14-07, 06:08 PM
Very good. Darker than the others, but has a great control scheme and some really cool and violent kills. Well as violent as you get with Sand people.

nrs421
02-14-07, 06:49 PM
great game....i liked all 3.

linkin89
02-14-07, 09:12 PM
u gotta play all three man, heard it was a great story line and i also heard that the 2nd one sucked as but mehh

crainger
02-14-07, 09:21 PM
People who liked the faggy happy Prince said it sucked. But I like the angry nothing will stop me Prince.

sillyeagle
02-15-07, 12:07 AM
People who liked the faggy happy Prince said it sucked.

Just because he's gay doesn't mean he's gay you know.

Ambrose
02-15-07, 01:12 AM
I absolutely loved sands of time, but warrior within put me off from the series a little bit. The combat is much harder (more complex) than the first one and it can get really frustrating. Fortunately, wow has the same great puzzles and story that made the first pop great. I haven't played the third installment yet, two thrones, but I watched my friend play it and it looked cool.

LycosV
02-15-07, 01:16 AM
Just because he's gay doesn't mean he's gay you know.

lol!

All three games are fun to play, just don't start with the second one, it's the low point.

crainger
02-15-07, 04:01 AM
I recommend a gamepad though for any of these titles. I know what you mean when you say combat is harder in WW. A gamepad makes a huge difference though.

NaitoSan
02-15-07, 04:17 AM
i had some trouble playing pop:ww with xbox360 controller... anyone experience with that?

i stopped playing because of that problem. i completed sand of time and loved it.

crainger
02-15-07, 06:54 AM
i had some trouble playing pop:ww with xbox360 controller... anyone experience with that?

i stopped playing because of that problem. i completed sand of time and loved it.

My 360 worked perfectly.

GitDat
02-15-07, 02:42 PM
Is it true about not being able to invert the mouse axis in Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones? Or have they come out with a patch to fix that? I was thinking of going to buy this game but no inverted mouse axis = :thumbdwn:

Ninjaman09
02-15-07, 03:24 PM
Hated it, enjoyed the faggy happy prince personally.

crainger
02-15-07, 05:11 PM
Is it true about not being able to invert the mouse axis in Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones? Or have they come out with a patch to fix that? I was thinking of going to buy this game but no inverted mouse axis = :thumbdwn:

You can invert it. It's not called mouse axis though. You invert the camera axis.

Hoopla
02-15-07, 09:03 PM
Faggy or not, the first game was the best.

crainger
02-15-07, 10:54 PM
Sands of Time, or the actual original 2D game?

Hoopla
02-16-07, 04:10 PM
Sands of Time.

crainger
02-16-07, 09:05 PM
Yeah. I'd agree, it was also a lot tougher. Some of the battles would go for quite a while.

Hoopla
02-18-07, 11:27 AM
The banter between the Prince and Princess was pretty funny and well done too.

kevJ420
02-18-07, 05:12 PM
something interesting to note, is that although the 2nd is the darkest, it actually is the happiest story...
but i like sands of time the best because of the credits music. that's the way to polish the very end of a game.
now for those who think i'm crazy about my 1st sentence think about these:
--the prince left what's her name @ the end of the game, they kind of broke up (credit to shiny actually b/c i really don't remember her name)
--the true ending for warrior within was happy and no good characters died.
--the 3rd kaileena gets killed at the beginning.
--one last thing to note is that "dark" comedies often end happier than plain comedies. so just b/c something may have a majority dark story, it can end completely happy, like the cable guy (is a prime example), compared to patch adams has a high billed character die.

GitDat
02-23-07, 12:42 PM
Anyone able to get Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones running smoothly on an 8800 GTX? Runs like total crap on mine :| Must be a driver thing.

crainger
02-23-07, 06:26 PM
I played it not long ago and it run really well on my 8800GTX. This was in XP though. Not sure if you have Vista or not :D

NaitoSan
02-23-07, 06:33 PM
s bit off subject but i'm wondering if there's a decent mac emulator to play prince of persia 1 and 2 mac version? they seem to have better graphics especially first one than dos version. i'd like to play them sometime... brings back some old memories. :)

oh yeah, snes pop is amazing as well.

crainger
02-23-07, 06:50 PM
I think there are a few Mac emulators. Not sure how they work. Basilisk II seemed to be popular. Might be a problem to track down now. I keep getting 404 errors :(

glennalan
02-23-07, 07:14 PM
The second and third ones are available at on online video game store that i
ve ordered from recently. I was wondering if the graphics and gameplay are good and if they are basically good games. I haven't played any sword type games yet.