PDA

View Full Version : I've found a solution for 8800gtx users & Runaway 2

Marauderxp
02-14-07, 06:20 PM
For anyone using an 8800 with Runaway 2, I've found a solution to be able to play the game:

First of all, you need http://members.iinet.net.au/~gk2005/ha_d3dwindower188_hos.rar It's in a foreign language but you don't really need to do much. Extract the rar somewhere, run "D3dwindower.exe", click the "+", then point it to your Runaway 2 shortcut, click the play icon at the top, then just run your shortcut as normal. D3dwindower as the name suggests forces d3d apps to run in windowed mode. Works fine with this on my 8800gtx :) Changing from the standard 1024x768 res in d3dwindower doesn't go down too well, but from memory Runaway 2 only runs in 1024x768 anyway? So might as well just change the desktop res to 1024x768 before playing.

JemyM
02-16-07, 04:28 AM
Although I am severly pissed Nvidia havnt managed to fix this yet I appreciate the tip. It worked just fine for me so now I can finally play this game. So far the game have been nothing but a 5gb chunk of trashfiles on my hd.

-edit-
I am amazed how good this game looks. This must be the most beautiful 2d game I have ever seen, except for Myst IV.

-edit-
COOL! This tip also solved the problems with Sanitarium!

Runaway 2, Sanitarium and Splinter Cell Double Agent solved. Only Call of Juarez left for me to solve now.

Marauderxp
02-16-07, 05:10 AM
I am amazed how good this game looks. This must be the most beautiful 2d game I have ever seen, except for Myst IV.

I agree. It is a bit rare to find such a visually appealing 2d type game, but they did a top job on this one.

By the way, along my travels for that d3d windower util, I also found a util called '3d Analyzer'. I don't know if it will work for geforce cards or not, but it has tons of options to do with directx etc, so might be worth a look.

I actually tried to find a directx > opengl wrapper too, but there's only an old one for directx 8. Probably would end being a drag on the fps tho anyway?