PDA

View Full Version : Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising

glennalan
02-14-07, 10:47 PM
Is this game an expansion pack? If it is can someone tell me which game it is an expansion pack to. Also is this game any good?
Thanks.

NV_ANDY
02-14-07, 11:04 PM
Escalations is the add on for it, thats the original. It was ok. Dated graphics now.

LT.Schaffer
02-14-07, 11:10 PM
I Play it networked on a 4 Computer LAN for COOP Play...

It's alot of fun ,i think the graphics are not bad:)

crainger
02-14-07, 11:14 PM
Had really nice water effects if I remember correctly.

Yeah the Co-op is a lot of fun.

glennalan
02-14-07, 11:33 PM
Gamespot gives it a great review and the screenshots look fantastic. I still like to play BlackHawk down. These graphics look much better released in 6/04. Escalation is the expansion pack thanks for the info. Delta Force Extreme was a disapointment not near as good as BlackHawk Down in my opinion.

thenerdguy
02-15-07, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I remember being in the beta. :) good times :) at the end everyone that logged 20 hours of play time got a free copy. :)

TiKiMaN1
02-15-07, 01:07 AM
Great game.:D Very fun times.

Roliath
02-15-07, 01:33 AM
I remember that game, it was fun as hell.
Death animations got old, real fast! Would have been great if they had rag doll physics! You could have battles that would last for "days" and it was cool seeing the sun come up and go back down later in the day.
Fun game indeed!

Shaitan
02-15-07, 10:14 AM
Novalogic hasn`t made a decent game since Delta Force 2.

MustangSVT
02-15-07, 11:11 AM
A standalone game. Escalations is the expansion.

IMHO, this game was quite bad. A bad Battlefield copy with crappy physics and animation. For example, if you drive the jeep or the boat, and you stop accelerating, it stops instantly (which it shouldn't, it should keep going for a little bit). The chopper controls were awkward and bad as well. I recommend staying away from this game, it was pretty annoying. Battlefield 2 is ten times better.

Roliath
02-15-07, 01:28 PM
A standalone game. Escalations is the expansion.

IMHO, this game was quite bad. A bad Battlefield copy with crappy physics and animation. For example, if you drive the jeep or the boat, and you stop accelerating, it stops instantly (which it shouldn't, it should keep going for a little bit). The chopper controls were awkward and bad as well. I recommend staying away from this game, it was pretty annoying. Battlefield 2 is ten times better.
BF2 was out during this game? If i'm not mistaken BF2 came out like a year after this game.

MustangSVT
02-15-07, 01:40 PM
That's correct. Joint Ops came out during 2004. BF2 came out in 2005 I think. I'm just trying to say that Joint Ops was a pretty bad game IMHO. Definetely not worth your time.

What I'm trying to get across is I was/am a big Battlefield fan and I do like other online shooters as well, but Joint Ops was a joke compared to Battlefield (including BF1942 and Vietnam which came out before Joint Ops).

Duhast
02-15-07, 04:44 PM
That's correct. Joint Ops came out during 2004. BF2 came out in 2005 I think. I'm just trying to say that Joint Ops was a pretty bad game IMHO. Definetely not worth your time.

What I'm trying to get across is I was/am a big Battlefield fan and I do like other online shooters as well, but Joint Ops was a joke compared to Battlefield (including BF1942 and Vietnam which came out before Joint Ops).

Thats your opinion. No one can argue that battlefield has sold alot more copies than JO or any nova product. For me I have never spent more time playing a FPS than Joint Operations. That game gives you alot of freedom and you could hit choppers once and blow them up unlike BF2142, BF:V and BF2. Joint Ops had its down sides but over all I have never had more fun with any online fps that I have ever played. Joint Ops takes the cake for me.

Give Nova the funds and some extra people and they could make a game that would compete with EA and Dice anyday.

Shaitan
02-16-07, 07:14 PM
hahahaha I seriously doubt it dude. Not to mention, Joint Ops is as kiddie milcombat quaker as you can get. But some peeps really dig that kinda thing. I can`t fault peeps for liking that. But, it was a really sad day when Nova took away the grass that worked for visual cover at ANY distance, and the ACOG scop for the Rifleman Class.... and the wind effected bullet trajectory physics.

Thankfully, we have games like Flashpoint.... and Armed Assault soon to come. Altho, if Novalogic grabbed a real engine like Far Crys, and totally remade Delta Force 2 intact... I`d still wanna play it.

Lith1um
02-17-07, 08:41 AM
kiddie milcombat quaker

Can anyone translate that for me? :D

Personally I enjoyed the game. 150 player servers were awesome.

It looked good and played well on a good system. It had elements I wish BF2 had.

Really what killed this game, or at least beat it to a pulp, was the rampant cheating and incessant discussion about cheating in the forums. Some of cheating was real, a good deal of it imagined.