PDA

View Full Version : Somebody gave me a gamecube! Whats worth playing?

XDanger
02-15-07, 03:38 PM
YAY FREE STUFF!!!
Resident Evil ,Paper Mario ,that zelda game
Are there any others I should look out for at a boot sale?

Epyx
02-15-07, 03:43 PM
Mario Kart

Ya its cartoony as hell in both physics and graphics...but it is still one of the quintessential family games...hookup anyone from grandpa to the wee ones with a controller and have a blast.

Metroid Prime and sequel

Trust me i am 98% PC gamer but Im also 100% gamer...while not up to Half Life, Far Cry etc...this is still definately worth playing on the cube if you can get it on the cheap.

einstein_314
02-15-07, 03:46 PM
Mario Kart FTW!!!! Good times rocking the mario kart on the Nintendo64. Good times indeed. :thumbsup:

Sectus
02-16-07, 03:15 AM
Resident Evil 4. Probably the best game on the machine.

de><ta
02-16-07, 03:25 AM
Ikaruga

JemyM
02-16-07, 03:45 AM
If I would have a GameCube I would have played Resident Evil 1 and 4 first, especially RE1 since it's a GameCube exclusive.

Many GameCube fans glorifies Metroid Prime. After playing equally overglorified consolefps'es like Halo, and Goldeneye, consider me a sceptic, but nothing stops you from trying it.

NoiR
02-16-07, 04:36 AM
Mario Kart!

Funny as hell when you play it with some friends. With some beer its getting even more funny :D

|MaguS|
02-16-07, 08:15 AM
Skies of Arcadia if you never played the Dreamcast version.

ENU291
02-16-07, 08:41 AM
Console talk should be done in the Console forum... Mods move this thread.

Mr. Hunt
02-16-07, 08:48 AM
REmake and RE4... wind waker is "ok", but I found sailing (90% of the game) to get very tedious and boring. Metroid Prime 1 is alright, 2 was too much of the same. Eternal Darkness (if you can find a copy) is a good one also.

Ninjaman09
02-16-07, 09:12 AM
Mario Kart DD, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, and yes as Magus said Skies of Arcadia.

Metroid Prime plays nothing like a console FPS so please kindly ignore such statements and play the game, it's one of the best (if not the best) for the system.

JemyM
02-16-07, 09:25 AM
Metal Gear Solid also got a remake for GameCube called "Twin Snakes", although a MGS purist told me to avoid that one. I do not know why.

Ninjaman09
02-16-07, 09:37 AM
Metal Gear Solid also got a remake for GameCube called "Twin Snakes", although a MGS purist told me to avoid that one. I do not know why.
Terrible voice acting and the first-person aiming kinda destroys the game (the level design didn't have that kind of aiming in mind). Amusingly, the VAs were the same ones who did the original, but their performances were much better on the PSX version.

superklye
02-16-07, 09:57 AM
I loved Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

Ninjaman09
02-16-07, 10:01 AM
I would have suggested Phantasy Star Online but they're taking the servers down next month. :(

Parts
02-16-07, 11:51 AM
Metroid Prime plays nothing like a console FPS so please kindly ignore such statements and play the game, it's one of the best (if not the best) for the system.

I can vouch for this, I bought it for like $5 used to play on Wii, being a huge fan of the side scolling ones I thought this would be kinda lame, but its set up EXACTLY like the other ones, only 3D, the way each room is isolated, theres only so many bad guys in one room, hidden items, puzzles, it could easily be made a 2d metroid game and still be as good.