PDA

View Full Version : Stop the Crap!

Pages : [1] 2

TiKiMaN1
02-16-07, 09:23 AM
Holy crap.... some of the threads are really fetching annoying me! All I hear is crap like this:

"Nvidia dropped the ball with Vista....why can't we get some good XP drivers...EVGA's warranty sucks (I can't handle registering my card within 30 days of getting it(crazy))....SLI is a headache don't even try:retard:....all of the 680i boards are crap....R600 is already pwning NVIDIA"....and on and on and on!!! ---Things aren't perfect, but these comments are far fetched---:thumbdwn:. My experience with NVIDIA products has been awesome from day 1 and continues to be.

When people complain about drivers I take that a bit more personal than some people do. I have beta tested now 2 different unreleased driver sets. I have also had the opportunity very recently to be be part of a Special Focus Group that discussed with NVIDIA employees how to improve the Control Panel. I am just your average resident TiKi and NVIDIA has involved me and shown that even my feedback is important. They are a fantastic company.:)

Spread the word and tell people they can go here where MikeC posted if they have problems with Vista:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85982

All I have to say is... lame haters, thread crappers, chronic tech noobs stop ruining our forums. If you don't like NVIDIA and have nothing good to say I know a place here (http://www.rage3d.com/board/) and here (http://www.bratz.com/) that would just love to have you.

To those who suffer from the disease of constant user error do what my soccer coach used to tell us: "Put your pussy on the shelf and be a man...and in the process learn a thing or seven.":lol:

Certainly there have been some idiotic comments before, but lately it seems this crap has taken a substantial increase for the worse.:(

Does anybody else feel the same way?

By the way just so you know...if you are struggling with an NVIDIA product there are tons of us who may have been in your shoes before. We can help. Attacking a product through thread titles or words, may stop many of those of who could assist from doing so. There have been many times I have thought perhaps I could offer advice to a situation someone is having.

You have to stop :banghead:, take a deep breath and realize there is a very good chance the product you have bought is just fine. My experience from working in Tech Support for the last 2 years is that 95% is user error. 5% or less is actually a defective product. When I worked for EVGA for the small amount of time I did, it was amazing how people would realize they might not actually have a defective video card after all. "You mean my 7900 GTX needs a power cable running to it?"

There are so many possibilites for error when building a rig. Is your power supply good enough? Have you overclocked the CPU too much? Do your memory settings need to be tweaked? Is everything receiving power that should? Are your cable connections nice and snug? Are your BIOS settings set correctly? Are your BIOS updated like they should be? Do you have the most recent chipset drivers? Have you ensured your hardware is actually compatible together? Is there something you are forgetting to do that you should have done?

How sad to get frustrated with a perfectly good product when you have not gone through all the possibilites for error before jumping to conclusions.;)

Slammin
02-16-07, 09:39 AM
Well said, for what it's worth, and no, you aren't the only one that finds the forum less than pleasant sometimes. Of course, debate is expected on any forum, and I don't mind a good debate, and I do enjoy trying to assist reasonable people when I can.

What's been going on lately is just pretty sad, especially considering nVidia has provided an official avenue for folks to report their issues, which it seems they are, but then they head right back over here to troll and whine. And you are right, I think it does decrease participation of the more adept folks here, and you can look at signatures of some of the rigs here and tell there is a lot of talent around, but the constant trolling and thread crapping really makes it difficult to participate.

Oh well, I guess it takes all kinds and some folks just love to complain anyway, and actually think they have some kind of constitutional right to do it whenever and however they want, including being rude and dowright obnoxious, and it is those that really spoil it for us all.

MaXThReAT
02-16-07, 09:40 AM
I would definitely agree. The 8800 launch brought allot of new people to the forums, some good, most bad. I actually stopped posting for a month or two because I was getting so tired of it. I love these forums, they are what keep me sane while sit at work. But when I have to weed through so many pointless post to get anything good out of em it get’s old. I think the Mods are doing a terrific job of keeping the peace. I don't know how most of you feel about me, I always try to make my posts to the point and keep emotion out em. You guys are all great, with the exception of Magus.:D

|MaguS|
02-16-07, 09:41 AM
All would have been great if Nvidia used RGSS.

rewt
02-16-07, 09:49 AM
You guys are all great, with the exception of Mangus.:D

Who is Mangus? lol

All would have been great if Nvidia used RGSS.

True. Maybe they saved that one for later.

|MaguS|
02-16-07, 09:50 AM
Who is Mangus? lol

No clue but maybe we should ban him...

nekrosoft13
02-16-07, 09:52 AM
i'm a big follower if nvidia, but some of these driver issues are dragging out for way to long

XDanger
02-16-07, 10:01 AM
He's a tool, all he cares about is RGSS AA, he likes to bitch because he thinks he knows so much yet none of the card manufactures implement this method so there must be something wrong with it even though he claims it to be so perfect.

Please shut the **** up already, we don't give a **** about RGSS.

I like computer games :) Whats RGSS??

|MaguS|
02-16-07, 10:05 AM
I like using RGSS with games :)

see!

TiKiMaN1
02-16-07, 10:11 AM
What a waste to invest so much money in a new rig and then not take the time to ensure your own personal quality control is what I can also say..:p

Tym
02-16-07, 10:16 AM
I agree with TiKiMaN1 on most points. I have had a fair share of issues myself, including two defective EVGA 680i boards, but I'd never resort to the immature behavior we've seen recently on these forums.

The amount of whining and thread-crapping is way over the top. I mean, FFS, I chose to buy a cutting-edge, (largely) untested board based on a new chipset, I chose to jump on a brand new OS knowing that many issues have not been ironed out yet, including solid driver support.

It is true that there are many products which seem to be rushed through the door, but that it the current market reality, whether we like it or not. Companies can either go along with that or stay behind, and that's not really an option. One factor many people seem to overlook is that current platforms are incomparably more complex that those we used a few years ago (often pushing components to their limits), and with the multitude of hardware products and varieties, one should realize that not all possible combinations can be tested under lab conditions.

nekrosoft13
02-16-07, 10:19 AM
hej, ty jestes z Torunia? bylem tam nie dawno ;)

kylekturk
02-16-07, 10:28 AM
i'm a big follower if nvidia, but some of these driver issues are dragging out for way to long

QFT.

They can fix the CP issues easily but switching back to the old one lol.
The new one is retarded. Good to see them finally asking end-users to be in these Focus Groups. And its about time we have somewhere to submit bugs. I hate to say it but - they are finally following some of the best milestones set by ATI. Its ok to copy but they waited 5 years to follow suit.

TiKiMaN1
02-16-07, 11:25 AM
I would definitely agree. The 8800 launch brought alot of new people to the forums, some good, most bad. I actually stopped posting for a month or two because I was getting so tired of it. I love these forums, they are what keep me sane while sit at work. But when I have to weed through so many pointless post to get anything good out of em it get’s old. I think the Mods are doing a terrific job of keeping the peace. I don't know how most of you feel about me, I always try to make my posts to the point and keep emotion out em. You guys are all great, with the exception of Magus.:D

:D

DiscipleDOC
02-16-07, 11:31 AM
You forgot one: "Sexbox 360 pwns PS3!!1!1!!!"

TiKiMaN1
02-16-07, 11:34 AM
You forgot one: "Sexbox 360 pwns PS3!!1!1!!!"

:rofl:lol::rofl

glObalist
02-16-07, 12:06 PM
http://www.nvidia.com/ borked as well.

There.

Edit: Now it's working again. :D

But this is kinda indicative:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/feedback_temp.html

Been like that for over a month I guess.

Xion X2
02-16-07, 02:03 PM
Does anybody else feel the same way?

Yep. Well said. The whining on these boards has reached epic proportions. I feel like I'm in a daycare center every day when I log on at this place now.

http://www.technudge.com/images/crying%20baby.gifhttp://www.thediabetesblog.com/images/2005/12/baby%20crying.jpghttp://www.indianchild.com/images/baby_crying.jpg

Wolfhound
02-16-07, 02:15 PM
I´m tired of the whining (No Vista drivers, XP drivers borked, Nvidia can s**k my ass!!!, I spend 600$ on a vid card that cannot play properly Barbie Superstars..etc) and crying in this board, I feel like you TiKiMaN1 in fact I see here a lot of newcomers that can be call "newhiners" :cry:

Madpistol
02-16-07, 02:21 PM
Lol. I hate whiners too, so I'm with you guys on this. It's annoying to hear people bashing perfectly good products (ie 680i and 8800 series). As the drivers mature, those products are going to be seriously awesome (they already are, so I guess they'll be better.)

As for the whinners... :thumbdwn: (throwpc)

Wolfhound
02-16-07, 02:46 PM
It's annoying to hear people bashing perfectly good products (ie 680i and 8800 series).

I don´t think the products are perfect, always there´s room for improvement

Mr_LoL
02-16-07, 02:49 PM
Nvidia Vista drivers are crap. Using XP at the moment until they get better.

Xion X2
02-16-07, 03:06 PM
I spend 600$ on a vid card that cannot play properly Barbie Superstars :D

Wolfhound
02-16-07, 03:13 PM

There´s a lot of Framerate slowdowns it gets to teens is unacceptable :D

kevJ420
02-16-07, 03:20 PM
the new interest group is really ****ing great. hopefully i can send them ideas to help myself, them, and everyone. as eurocom would say, their products will become electronic fun for every1.

eurocom did a few disney games (jungle book genesis only and disney's hercules action game), a few midway arcade conversions, and a few other games. if anyone was wondering about eurocom u.k.

i'm going to go submit my suggestions right this very instant.

and remember i am always going to try to help everyone. have a good fri****ingday as eric harris would say.