PDA

View Full Version : Imation's new tape drive?

JohnsonLKD
08-18-02, 08:02 AM
Man! They made 20 Terabyte. Terabyte. Treabyte.

Let's see... 20*1024 = 20480Gb... Gb...

I bow to you, computer technology. Please take me as your slave!!!

netviper13
08-18-02, 04:58 PM
Man I can't even imagine what the seek time on that sucker must be, lol.

I think what sounds really cool is that new mobo with 4 RAID IDE connectors, allowing 8 hard-drives in a RAID array...just imagine 8 Western Digital 120GB disks in a RAID array *drools*

r2d2d3d4d5
08-18-02, 07:34 PM
So youíll be 8 times as likely to lose all your data when one of them fails.
If I had that array (also drools) I'd also get on of those Imation drives to back all my data up.
I would probably use all that space I would just install all my games and have virtual images of all of their CDs. Iíd also reincode all of my CDs at 320kb, even if I cant hear the difference, then I'd install about 10 different operating systems and never use a video recorder but record everything on my array and then I'd...........Damn thatís a lost of space.

Then again I doubt whether I could even afford the super case they'd need anyway. Oh well I can always dream.

JohnsonLKD
08-18-02, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by r2d2d3d4d5
So youíll be 8 times as likely to lose all your data when one of them fails.
If I had that array (also drools) I'd also get on of those Imation drives to back all my data up.
I would probably use all that space I would just install all my games and have virtual images of all of their CDs. Iíd also reincode all of my CDs at 320kb, even if I cant hear the difference, then I'd install about 10 different operating systems and never use a video recorder but record everything on my array and then I'd...........Damn thatís a lost of space.

Then again I doubt whether I could even afford the super case they'd need anyway. Oh well I can always dream.

Hey! it's not only for the backup! I once played a game somehow... with a tepe drive. I don't even know how I did that... when I was using P-60Mhz and I had a big personal BBS... After I moved, I don't even know where that tapedrive is... It had whole bunch of nice por* pictures... T.T