PDA

View Full Version : Dark Messiah 2?

|MaguS|
02-16-07, 04:26 PM
Just took a survey from Ubisoft that had all to do with Dark Messiah and what I disliked and liked, at the end they asked... "If a Sequel was to be made would you be interested in it?"... I so said yes.... I loved the original and would love to see more come out of it.

CaptNKILL
02-16-07, 04:32 PM
Interesting.

I thought it was a good game but it didn't really blow me away. I wish they would just go ahead and start working on Arx Fatalis 2. THAT is what I really want.

If they didn't have plans to work on an Arx 2 I would definitely vote for a DM 2 though.

JemyM
02-16-07, 05:01 PM
DMoMM felt like a good timewaster, not much more. It had no strong points making it stand out from the rest.

The melee system was not that good (condemned did it better).
The RPG mechanics was bad.
The story was not that original (rather cliché).
The game was completely linear.
And the graphics was not spectacular either.

If there was a sequel I would probably read the reviews first to make sure I would give it a chance or not.

Ywap
02-16-07, 05:11 PM
Best game ever, where is the survey?

Edit: In a mail from ubisoft, right?

sillyeagle
02-16-07, 05:38 PM
I would buy it.

CaptNKILL
02-16-07, 05:51 PM
DMoMM felt like a good timewaster, not much more. It had no strong points making it stand out from the rest.

The melee system was not that good (condemned did it better).
The RPG mechanics was bad.
The story was not that original (rather cliché).
The game was completely linear.
And the graphics was not spectacular either.

If there was a sequel I would probably read the reviews first to make sure I would give it a chance or not.
I sort of agree on all those points. None of its good points were real strong but it was a pretty good game.

Definitely a 7\10 for me. I'd play the sequel but I'd also hope for a lot more depth and freedom (which makes it more like Arx I guess).

SH0DAN
02-16-07, 08:41 PM
Was far too linear,and didnt feel like an RPG.I did the like the controls,and thought that the graphics were well done.I would buy a sequel

|MaguS|
02-16-07, 08:49 PM
Was far too linear,and didnt feel like an RPG.I did the like the controls,and thought that the graphics were well done.I would buy a sequel

I actually liked that it didn't feel too RPGish. It was a nice blend of Fantasy FPS and RPG elements but nothing too deep to slow the game down.

Arioch
02-16-07, 09:14 PM
I want to see Arx Fatalis 2 first.

crainger
02-16-07, 10:02 PM
Yes more! But less Zombies and spiders and more orcs and humans!

Destroy
05-05-07, 11:05 AM
Have no clue why this game was bashed by so many review sites. I found it a great game overall; 87/100. This game is like Halflife2 in a Mid evil/Magic world. The ability to actually use different weapon strike areas, combos, objects and attacks is fantastic in this game.

How people can say the combat got boring I'll never know. Nothing was overly complex yet the variety of weapon and 'death' options were more numerous than most any other game.

Only things I disliked were the boss battles (I hate all boss crap), subpar gfx and the very linear levels; an open Oblivion world would have been so kick ass.

Bring on DM2, yeah!!

K007
05-05-07, 11:44 AM
I enjoyed the game. Looked great, and the Source engines HDR version lets me have AA at the same time ><. I thought it was a bit short..but yea i liked it.

Madpistol
05-05-07, 02:31 PM
The game looked like a linear version of Oblivion, but it really did look awesome. It's a very fun game. I wouldn't mind seeing a #2 of it. :)

WeReWoLf
05-05-07, 06:05 PM
Hells yeah, i loved this game. I'm spewin i can't get the original to stop crashing on vista.

crainger
05-05-07, 06:05 PM
Well hopefully we wont have to wait long. Well maybe for #2, but I've seen the odd rumour of an expansion for the first game. :D

WTF WeReWoLf? what are we doing up at 7:45 on a Sunday? Shouldn't we be sleeping in? :p

WeReWoLf
05-05-07, 06:13 PM
Well, i was due to start work at 10:00, but i appear to have a stomach ulcer which is preventing me from sleeping and moving further than 20 feet.

stefan9
05-05-07, 06:20 PM
This game was decent. It gave something to do while waiting for new rpg's. I won't say it was a great game but it was fun.