PDA

View Full Version : Striker Extreme BIOS 1002

vläd
02-16-07, 08:20 PM
ASUS ftp download (ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/Stricker%20Extreme/1002.zip)

Supposedly fixes the voltage strap issue. I'll be testing tomorrow.

TiKiMaN1
02-16-07, 08:26 PM
(nana2)

haloeighty8
02-16-07, 10:35 PM
Let's hope that one fixes the dreaded 'Cpu Init' issue.. :headexplode:

lduguay
02-16-07, 11:17 PM
Same as 901 beta?

TiKiMaN1
02-16-07, 11:32 PM
Holy Crap!!!!!:eek:

Look at the list for BIOS 0901 that is no longer BETA!

This may be longest fix list I have ever seen for a BIOS update.:D

Striker Extreme Release BIOS 0901
1. Enhance memory compatibility
2. Fixed power Fan can't work after S3
3. Set DDR2 Termination Max default Votlage to 1.25V (Memory Voltage is 2.5V)
4. Add patch to support Creative X-FI sound Card
5. Speed up S3 resume time
6. Change CopyRight year from 2006 to 2007.
7. Fixed memory clock mode option may disappear when SLI ready memory is used
8. Finetune USB driving
9. Fixed FSB 1333Mhz CPU clock incorrect
10.Fixed sometime the CPU VID table will be dystroyed
11.Fixed Vcore error when CMOS checksum fail
12.Fixed summary page "CPU ID/ucode ID" string will show "CPU ID/uc" instead
13.Update EZ-Flash version to B319
14.Fixed SETUP hang on when trying to modify "Internal Connector LED" item under Triditional Chinese mode
15.Finetune H/W Monitor Voltage warning range
16.Fixed system hang when Music Alarm play length is over 1 hour
17.Lock 'F8' and 'DEL' function key when after entered EZFlash
18.Fixed Music Alarm auto shutdown when using Presler 3.4GHz CPU with WD1200 HDD and ASUS DRW1612BL
19.Fixed system may show "error loading operation system" message when using CHS mode PATA HDD, and set "Access Mode" to CHS at the same time
20.Fix system will report error when there is Legacy floppy is disabled at the same time when SATA ODD is the only device connected to this motherboard
21.Enhance HDD compatibility
22.Change Max FSB to 650MHz on AI-Booster
23.Fixed CPR fail when overclock too much

vläd
02-17-07, 12:34 AM
Well, this bites!!!

When everyone was having issues with the BIOS updates killing their motherboards, I ordered a replacement BIOS chip from ASUS. I asked for the 0402 BIOS to be put on the chip since it was the version that my mobo shipped with. Color me paranoid, but I hate being with out my 'puter from a bad BIOS flash.

I was going to try the 1002 BIOS tonight, and test tomorrow, so I reset my BIOS to default settings, powered the 'puter down, removed the battery and power and then removed the original BIOS chip and plopped in the BIOS chip that ASUS sent me. I then reset the CMOS, placed the battery and power back and powered the 'puter up.

CPU INIT and hangs there!

Removed the ASUS replacement chip and placed the original back in, and presto! back to life.

Either ASUS sent me a bogus chip or the BIOS on the chip is fubared. Guess I'll be calling ASUS' BIOS department on Monday.

TiKiMaN1
02-17-07, 01:08 AM
Well, this bites!!!

When everyone was having issues with the BIOS updates killing their motherboards, I ordered a replacement BIOS chip from ASUS. I asked for the 0402 BIOS to be put on the chip since it was the version that my mobo shipped with. Color me paranoid, but I hate being with out my 'puter from a bad BIOS flash.

I was going to try the 1002 BIOS tonight, and test tomorrow, so I reset my BIOS to default settings, powered the 'puter down, removed the battery and power and then removed the original BIOS chip and plopped in the BIOS chip that ASUS sent me. I then reset the CMOS, placed the battery and power back and powered the 'puter up.

CPU INIT and hangs there!

Removed the ASUS replacement chip and placed the original back in, and presto! back to life.

Either ASUS sent me a bogus chip or the BIOS on the chip is fubared. Guess I'll be calling ASUS' BIOS department on Monday.

One of my favorite features from the Striker is the CMOS clear.:D

ArrowMk84
02-17-07, 02:09 AM
Heh. I hope 1002 will let me add in the additional 2 1GB sticks of Corsair 6400C4 I got today, because 0802 sure as hell won't. And to add insult to injury, the EZ Flash tool refuses to recognize my USB memory stick nor my CD-Rs (but it sure can browse my M2TW DVD!)...

haloeighty8
02-17-07, 02:59 AM
Well I'm very curious to see how this bios works out for you guys, my striker is hosed on the 'cpu init' error. So It'll be making a Asus RMA trip.. this was with the 0901 bios btw.. just couldn't seem to get it back out of it, regardless of clearing the bios or removing the battery.

ArrowMk84
02-17-07, 02:24 PM
GARRRR! *SMASH!*. I got 1002 loaded, and it looks like it fixed the voltage issues, but it still won't play nice with 4 1GB sticks of Corsair ram!!!!! Dammit, the EVGA and BFG 680i boards are looking damn tempting right now; AFAIK, they don't have this problem...

TiKiMaN1
02-17-07, 08:59 PM
Well I'm very curious to see how this bios works out for you guys, my striker is hosed on the 'cpu init' error. So It'll be making a Asus RMA trip.. this was with the 0901 bios btw.. just couldn't seem to get it back out of it, regardless of clearing the bios or removing the battery.

By the way are all of the BIOS settings that had established when I owned that board back to default?

haloeighty8
02-18-07, 01:43 AM
yup..