PDA

View Full Version : CS OGL corrupt load screen FIX

eL_PuSHeR
03-13-03, 01:17 PM
Everyone knows that when you run Counter-Strike in OpenGL and just launch a LAN game, the title screen gets overlapped above the current game screen, which makes you've got to press ESC, and Resume Game. To circumvent this, edit CS shortcut and cut the -console parameter from it. No more annoyance. If you need to access console, it's available by pressing the tilde (~) key.

deejaya
03-14-03, 10:35 PM
Sweet, this works in Day of Defeat also. The console worked at the beginning of the game but quit working after a while, I think it may have been Sturmbot to blame for that though. Thanks :)

Edge
03-15-03, 01:12 AM
Eh? I thought that when you remove the -console command from the shortcut it doesn't let you access the console at all (even by pressing ~). But I'll have to try it, that bug is really annoing me (and it's not like they haven't had 5 years to fix it!) But this should fix it in any Half-life mod, which is good.

eL_PuSHeR
03-15-03, 10:03 AM
Same here. Console worked in the beginning but now it is shut down. I think this is the proper behaviour when you omit -console parameter.

ALobpreis
03-18-03, 11:44 AM
This happens only when it's the first game in the session. In fact, if it's the first game graphic mode initialization (change from 640x480 to whatever configured resolution).
So, if you enter the console and then exit from it, you can start the server without this buggy bug. :retard: